XPEnology Community

Exceeding 1gbit transfer speed between VM's?

Chrunchy

How are your guys network setup for your Xpenology to your other VM's or even your esxi host?

I've been using esxi's E1000e since VMXNET 3 doesen't work on 6.2.2, but i sure miss faster filetransfers than 1gbit.

In my search to be able to transfer files faster than 112MB/s to a windows VM i'm primarily using, i tried passing through a 10gbit NIC (Intel X550) and it was detected by xpenology just fine at first boot.

I passed another 10gbit NIC to my Windows server VM and was able to transfer files with ~4gbit between the two VM's.

This setup however requires me linking a networkcable from one NIC directly to the other since i don't have any 10g switch.

Windows VM: 1x 1gbit Intel i350 NIC passed trough for internet/LAN network. 1x 10gbit NIC passed through - networkcable connected directly to Xpenology VM assigned 10gbit NIC.

Xpenology VM: 1x esxi E1000e for general internet/LAN network. 1x 10gbit NIC passed trough connected directly to Windows VM's assigned 10gbit NIC.

Are there any other solutions than the above (Besides buying a 10g switch) ?

• 3 weeks later...