XPEnology Community

Gigabyte J3455N-D3H with Jun's Loader v1.04b DS918+

real3x

I finally made the jump for the update from 6.2.1-23824 Update 6 to 6.2.2-24922 Update 2, i only use a custom extra.lzma without i915 drivers, and everything work nicely, onboard Lan, HW transcode, i even made some test with geekbench to find out if the cpu burst work and its a big YES ! :)

With the turbo states OFF in bios > https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/14202331

With the turbo states ON in bios > https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/14202575

*I made 2 bench of both turbo state to be sure.

For the custom extra you can find it with instruction in this topic > 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, real3x said:

I finally made the jump for the update from 6.2.1-23824 Update 6 to 6.2.2-24922 Update 2, i only use a custom extra.lzma without i915 drivers, and everything work nicely, onboard Lan, HW transcode, i even made some test with geekbench to find out if the cpu burst work and its a big YES ! :)

With the turbo states OFF in bios > https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/14202331

With the turbo states ON in bios > https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/14202575

*I made 2 bench of both turbo state to be sure.

For the custom extra you can find it with instruction in this topic > 

The Extra file in the link above has an additional extra file in it , a duplicate.  Also question why do you need to keep the i915 firmware if the .ko is removed?

13 hours ago, real3x said:

I finally made the jump for the update from 6.2.1-23824 Update 6 to 6.2.2-24922 Update 2, i only use a custom extra.lzma without i915 drivers, and everything work nicely, onboard Lan

Tested functional with my J4105-ITX, except I did not check transcode which I don't use.  Well done!

Edited by flyride

Il y a 6 heures, modboxx a dit :

The Extra file in the link above has an additional extra file in it , a duplicate.  Also question why do you need to keep the i915 firmware if the .ko is removed?

You just see the "duplicate" extra when you unpack the extra.lzma ( cpio -idv < extra ) 

You' re right for the firmware, i'll test to remove then and see what's loaded.

Il y a 5 heures, flyride a dit :

Tested functional with my J4105-ITX, except I did not check transcode which I don't use.  Well done!

Nice ! but i did not make a lot, i just removed a driver ;) 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, real3x said:

You just see the "duplicate" extra when you unpack the extra.lzma ( cpio -idv < extra ) 

No.  There's an Extra duplicate inside the extra folder.  Use 7zip to see inside.  Also a lot of .DS_Store files just look sloppy.  Tighten it up.👍

19 minutes ago, modboxx said:

No.  There's an Extra duplicate inside the extra folder.  Use 7zip to see inside.  Also a lot of .DS_Store files just look sloppy.  Tighten it up.👍

Where did you download that extra.lzma? Those .DS_Store come from a MAC OS platform. These files store custom attributes. Are you using MAC?

Jun added 2 extra.lzma and I am not entirely sure why as only one is normally used. Those .DS_Store files were not there originally so that extra.zma is either not the original one or is coming from you as MAC will automatically add those hidden files.

9 minutes ago, Polanskiman said:

Where did you download that extra.lzma? Those .DS_Store come from a MAC OS platform. These files store custom attributes. Are you using MAC?

Jun added 2 extra.lzma and I am not entirely sure why as only one is normally used. Those .DS_Store files were not there originally so that extra.zma is either not the original one or is coming from you as MAC will automatically add those hidden files.

From this thread, It's made by real3x.  It has the i915.ko and the drm*.ko's removed.  I too have a j3455 so I wanted to play with it.

extra.lzma

• Like 1

On 8/8/2019 at 9:04 AM, flyride said:

I too can confirm on asrock j3455m updated to 24922 update 2.  Well done indeed.

Removed the DS_Store, i915 firmware, and the duplicate extra file.  (Seems to boot faster?) 

extra.lzma

14 hours ago, modboxx said:

Damn, at first it was intended to just make test and i did not take care of osx files like DS_store ... my bad ! Plus you're right i left an useless extra inside .... grrr :)

Since i can't edit the original post where i attached the working but full of garbage extra, i post a new (hopping) clean one (still with the i915 firmware folder) here.

BTW glad it work for our mobo with last DSM update :)

extra.lzma

Il y a 21 heures, modboxx a dit :

Removed the DS_Store, i915 firmware, and the duplicate extra file.  (Seems to boot faster?) 

I tried too, i removed the i915 folder in /usr/lib/firmware and edit/removed the i915 EXTRA_FIRMWARE in the /etc/rc.modules

All is working, plex HW transcode work as expected. And i can confirm the faster boot, i win like 100 ms, i see the nas login line at [  222.552049], previously it was at [  314.898573], so far so good :)

On 8/9/2019 at 8:42 AM, real3x said:

I tried too, i removed the i915 folder in /usr/lib/firmware and edit/removed the i915 EXTRA_FIRMWARE in the /etc/rc.modules

All is working, plex HW transcode work as expected. And i can confirm the faster boot, i win like 100 ms, i see the nas login line at [  222.552049], previously it was at [  314.898573], so far so good :)

This thread got me thinking so I went back and removed the other firmware and modules (See RC.modules) I have a J3455m so don't need most of those modules.  The boot time appears to be a whole lot faster without that stuff.  I also replaced the r8168 module with a newer one from the 24922 update.

The only ones i haven't touched is OPTIONAL_MODULES="agpgart intel-gtt intel-agp cfbfillrect cfbimgblt cfbcopyarea sysfillrect sysimgblt syscopyarea fb_sys_fops fb" I'm not sure about those have to find some time to look them up and test.  I also tried to replace some of the june path but it didn't work. :(

extra.lzma

rc.modules

Edited by modboxx

Can you please explain more about CPU burst? I have an asrock j3710 whose CPU Is based at 1.6. 

Should run at 2,6 with CPU burst.

Did you try get CPU frequency from SSH terminal ti see your CPU increase? You should Jump from 1,5 tio 2,3 if i understood well.......

But asrock has not a setting related ti CPU burst. Just a generic called "sport mode" 

Edited by zeratul75

Hello,i was on  DSM 6.2-23739 Update 2 with june 1.0.3b.I use DSM_DS3617xs.

I see the update and i replace the extra.izma on usb stick from post 10.

then i make the update,then reboot.But nothing happend.If i go back to DSM 6.2-23739 Update 2 thats work if i replace the  extra.izma to the old one.With the  extra.izma from post 10 the old  DSM 6.2-23739 not work

Edited by Kuennek