XPEnology Community

Xpenology 4.1 - Internet down notification.

mack

Hi. Is there a way I can be sent an email notification if the internet connection to xpenlolgy goes down? I'm using an N54L and recently the box lost it's connection to the internet for some reason, but not it's internal network, so I completely missed that it wasn't connected for about a week.

Thanks.

Hi. Is there a way I can be sent an email notification if the internet connection to xpenlolgy goes down? I'm using an N54L and recently the box lost it's connection to the internet for some reason, but not it's internal network, so I completely missed that it wasn't connected for about a week.

Thanks.

Only if you register it with Synology myds center. They monitor the heartbeat and send notification if server doesn't respond.

• 2 weeks later...
:smile: obviously not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was hoping there might be some kind of internal network notification option (or an option to send out a message via another connected PC).

Oh well.

:smile: obviously not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was hoping there might be some kind of internal network notification option (or an option to send out a message via another connected PC).

Oh well.

If you set up monitoring from another PC yourself, it may work, otherwise its "PKUNZIP.ZIP" :grin: