XPEnology Community

I want to build a NAS

adicontakt

@adicontakt Good to see that your 6.1 test went well, you don't really need the 6.2.x, 6.1.7 is still running great!

If you "need" to update, first see if you are able to disable UEFI/EFI boot in your BIOS, and use legacy only.

Then, make sure your 82579V based nic, has the "correct" device ID, letting it load the e1000e native driver (not the e1000 driver as mentioned above)

How to:

SSH to your working NAS, log in as admin, type in this command: lspci -k | grep 0200

This should show you all the nic's found in your NAS, hopefully giving you "Device 8086:1503"

If so, you will need to create a new USB stick, using Jun's 1.03b loader, with the same settings related to VID/PID, serial,  MAC as you currently use,

and start with manually providing the .pat (DSM_DS3615xs_23739.pat = DSM 6.2)

(or you might want to try and jump directly to DSM 6.2.1 ?)

to be honest sir , I was looking for synology drive

i see this version have synology drive so I don"t wanna try 6.2,  now the NAS check the drive , it ill be a long process

but I will have more questions for you guys

i wanna acces the NAs over the web , put a plex server and so on

but step by step

Edited by adicontakt
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, adicontakt said:

I don"t have enough time to complete all the settings , I am very busy at work and at home

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 2:10 AM, adicontakt said:

No one? 

I realize that there are difficulties with language translation and subtleties in meaning here, but this is audacious.  You don't have time to follow through but expect other folks to volunteer their time to help, and are instantly critical when they don't drop everything to research your own obscure hardware for you inside of 24 hours?

A little courtesy and humility goes a long way.

Edited by flyride

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello guys, I am asking for your help again

Everytjing was just fine till last nigjt. I was installed ds finder on anther phone and click on the update aplication

Now my xpenology is dead. How to recover my data? Is ok to build another usb stick (with the hdd ejected) and after the boot to plug in the hdd? 

• 1 year later...