XPEnology Community

I want to build a NAS

adicontakt

Hello everybody , I wanna build a nas with this config:

Packard Bell Imedia S I3616 NL

proc Dual core 2,8 mhz

RAM 8 gb

Hdd WD red 1tb (just one for the start)

I was following an youtube tutorial  and everything was fine, when I was finished I noticed that I don"t have Synology Drive  

this is the tutorial  

then I was trying to put some diferrent loaders but i doesen"t work , I can"t find the NAS on the network with others loaders

can you help me with a loader who is working with dsm 6.2 and some other advice? my english is not so good and here are a lot of information and I cand filter what is good to do 

10x guys !

28 minutes ago, adicontakt said:

No one? 

Good start in a forum... It has been 22 hours since you opened your thread and there’s no need to push and ask with „No one?“. Beside that you should read the Faq and forum rules. 

22 hours ago, adicontakt said:

Packard Bell Imedia S I3616 NL

Aaah yes. We all know this PC/board... like thousands of other models. 

Do you think that users start searching the web for this to get informations about the chipset, CPU, NIC, etc.? 

Post as much details as possible about your system. We don’t have crystal balls nor do many of us have the will to do your job (searching the web for further and detailed system specs).

Provide us with more informations and I think that someone will answer you soon.

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Motherboard:
      CPU Type                                          DualCore Intel Pentium G640, 2800 MHz (28 x 100)
      Motherboard Name                                  Packard Bell iMedia S2870
      Motherboard Chipset                               Intel Cougar Point H61, Intel Sandy Bridge

BIOS Type                                         AMI (08/10/2012)

Display:
      Video Adapter                                     Intel(R) HD Graphics  (2076 MB)
      Video Adapter                                     Intel(R) HD Graphics  (2076 MB)
      3D Accelerator                                    Intel HD Graphics 2000
      Monitor                                           BenQ GW2280  [22" LCD]  (ET41K03548SL0)

Storage:
      IDE Controller                                    Standard SATA AHCI Controller
      Storage Controller                                Microsoft Storage Spaces Controller
      Disk Drive                                        Generic- Multi-Card USB Device
      Disk Drive                                        USB FLASH DRIVE USB Device
      Disk Drive                                        WDC WD10EFRX-68JCSN0  (1 TB, 5400 RPM, SATA-III)
      SMART Hard Disks Status                           OK

Network:

Network Adapter                                   Intel(R) 82579V Gigabit Network Connection  

DMI:
      DMI BIOS Vendor                                   American Megatrends Inc.
      DMI BIOS Version                                  P11-A0
      DMI System Manufacturer                           Packard Bell
      DMI System Product                                imedia S2870

Hm your CPU is a Sandy Bridge model. So the only usable loader for DSM 6.2 is 1.03b (DS3615xs). The NIC should be recognized since it‘s detected with the e1000 driver.

Loader 1.04b will not work because you’ll need a newer CPU model (Haswell or later).

Try the 1.03b for the 3615.

P.S.: if you’re not familiar with live linux systems you can try Aomei‘s free WinPE builder next time so you don’t have to install a complete OS. It has some onboard system information tools 😉

https://www.aomeitech.com/pe-builder.html

The boot screen is pretty normal and shows nothing else once it's started.

Sometimes the Synology Assistant doesn't find any NAS even it's online.

Check these things:

- is your onboard NIC link indicator "blinking" once the loader has started?

- do you have a DHCP running in your LAN (needed)? If so check if it has assigned an address to "DiskStation"

@adicontakt While you had windows running, your NIC was working ok?

as stated by @jensmander your 82579V based nic should work with the tested config, but you could try testing with DSM 6.1 / 3615. to see if the NAS gets an IP.

I don't know your motherboard, but do your BIOS have an option to boot in legacy mode (as opposed to UEFI/EFI etc.)?

With 1.03b and 6.2.x you MUST use legacy.

btw: Not sure what you meant by "I even asign an static Ip in dhcp", did you reserve an IP for the mac adress of your NIC?

Edited by bearcat

20 hours ago, bearcat said:

I don't know your motherboard, but do your BIOS have an option to boot in legacy mode (as opposed to UEFI/EFI etc.)?

With 1.03b and 6.2.x you MUST use legacy.

In bios on boot menu I have boot:

1:{removable device} 

2:{uefi removable device} 

3:dvdrom and so on

I booted from both option , is the same situation 

now I will try testing with DSM 6.1 / 3615.