XPEnology Community

Hard drives no longer detected

Shoney

I don’t know of anyone can help but here go’s, I have been using the DS3615XS DSM build with Jun’s loader 1.02b as the MB does not support UEFI, it worked with no issues for around a year.

After a hardware failure I did a rebuild but used Jun’s loader 1.02b again and the 3617xs build on DSM 6.1 worked great static IP address Plex worked great also made sure to turn automatic updates off, then a couple of weeks in couldn’t access it at all used find.synology and there it was static IP gone and on following the setup process from that page no HDD found, my guess is although automatic updates turned off it still updated?

Does anyone out there have any bright idea’s how to get around this without out starting from scratch as I don’t won’t to spend hours again transferring film and tv shows back to a NAS,

Many thanks

Maybe you selected the wrong setting for the update installation and it made an automatic update. But even if it installed the update your hdds should be recognized. Do they show up in your Bios? Are your Bios settings ok? Empty CR2032 batteries or initial default settings with stuff like IDE mode on older boards can prevent your loader from seeing your hdds.

What you can try is another bootstick with 1.02b and the DS3615. Try if it detects your Nas and the hdds.

I'm positive i set it to manual ? but can't prove this, and at this point its more likely i didn't and it auto updated. And yes the hard disks are visible from the BIOS, i think at this point i'm goint to try a different loader and DSM and see if i can migrate the disks and content. Oops just re read the bottom of your message.

I will give that a try first thanks Jens

Shoney

1 hour ago, Michal Netusil said:

Hi everybody i have a laptop acer aspire integrated emmc loader managed to run but can't mount drive please help me thank you. (jun's_mod_v1.04b_ds918plus)

Please read the forum rules including the faq and don't hijack other threads since you already opened your own thread: