XPEnology Community

File Transfer speed issues.

zKA1RONz

I am using Dell T320 server with e5-2450 and ram 12GB

I got a LSI MegaRaid 9267-8i Raid Card, which has 1GB of cache memory.

I currently have one wd10TB Gold hdd, so , I assigned Raid0 to this hard disk, and using it.

I installed ESXi 6.7 and installed Xpenology 6.2 with 1.03b loader.

I am currently trying to upload my files to my nas, but the upload speed is unstable.

It goes up to 110MB/s for like 5secs, and goes down to 0 for 15~20 secs.

In Xpenology, the size of used space of hard disk increases by 1GB each time the transfer speed goes up again.

I am assuming that all the files I upload goes to the raid card's cache memory, and goes to the hard disk. when the process is done, the cache memory in the raid card gets cleared, and it takes time, which is pausing the file transfer process.

Is there any way to make my file transfer process faster? I cannot find IT mode for my raidcard, and even if I find it, I am not sure if the cache memory will no longer delay the transfer process.

Network is connected to local, and I think that the router, and stuff are not bad.

ESXi and Xpenology resource monitors both show that the network and hard usage get high and low sequently.

sorry for kor in the image.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png