XPEnology Community

rfgllc

Hello,

Recently built a server to use with plex.   I used the xpenology jun file DS3615xs 5.2.5565.1.   Server worked great for a while.   I used an older Intel Xenon 

x3370 processor 8gb of ddr3 ram and an XFX 680i Motherboard, stuff I had around the house.   Recently, server started to load movies slow and the 

plex application worked, but just slowed down.    I have 8tb of hard drive space on the server.   I shut it down today and when I attempted to boot again 

into the usb drive, it would not accept the original password I used.  Since, it's Linux based, I need to know if I need to reconfigure the entire server again?

Maybe with a later version of the dsm software, as the system would not let me update.    I'm a pretty quick study, but never finished my Linux education.

Is there a way to resurrect this without loosing my movies?   I can move them to another drive if I have to, since there are no additional files to loose.

Thanks for any assistance you can offer.   Building the server, has been a great experience for me, and much less expensive than buying a Synology NAS.

Jesse.