XPEnology Community

VID & PID of a microsd card

Well as usual my server crashed again.

Gonna update it to the new jun loader and got to the part where I need the VID and PID of the microsd card I will be using.

So stick it in an adaptor, into my pc, goto properties etc, and get the values there.

Except these values didnt match what I had last time.

So after some googling I find that I am getting the VID & PID of the card reader! NOT the microsd card itself

Tried googling it but I cannot find a way to find the values for a microsd card!

Anyone have any ideas?

Hmm, so until I can use a microsd card, I just used a usb stick to test out my system.

Another problem, also I read you need an intel NIC, so I bought a NC360T  for my gen8

Installed it start the server, it wont show up at all!

The system loads to the normal xpenology screen asking you to use find.synology.com 

But I cant find it..

Do I need to install updated drivers for the NC360T?

I installed teh latest BIOS as well, VERSION: SP99427   2019.04.04A

On 7/7/2019 at 8:43 PM, omar said:
Gonna update it to the new jun loader and got to the part where I need the VID and PID of the microsd card I will be using.

A quick search in the forum would have answered your question. An SD card is not a USB device hence no vid/pid. So you need to use the vid/pid of the card reader. Launch a ubuntu live or whatever unix flavored OS you want and run this:

sudo lsusb

If you can still access DSM through ssh you could also run this:

cat /proc/bus/usb/devices | grep -e "^ $" -e "Vendor" -e "Manufacturer" -e "Product"

this should output all usb devices in your machine. Look for the card reader and its associated vid/pid.

On 7/7/2019 at 11:51 PM, omar said:
Do I need to install updated drivers for the NC360T?

I installed teh latest BIOS as well, VERSION: SP99427   2019.04.04A

There is nothing you need to install. Do you see the NIC in the bios? If not then it means it's not even recognized at boot time and no OS will ever be able to see it. Make sure it's properly connected and powered.

But I dont want to use the card adaptor, I have a HP Gen8 microserver, which has a built-in microsd slot.
But yeah atm I am using the adaptor and it's values, though prefer not to.

but if sd cards dont have those values, I guess I can ignore that part of the setup then.

The PCI network card does appear in the BIOS, each port appears separately.
The lights on the ports also turn on, Orange to show it's a 1000mb connection, and the green power LED.

But it's stuck on solid, not flashing so that shows no communication is going on even though it's connected and powered.....

Wondering if I need the MAC addresses of the pci ports?
I read on another thread to change it to MAC1=eth0, but that doesnt work either.
Neither does keeping the macs on the onboard ports.

Not sure how to disable only the onboard NIC, I looked around and foudn a couple of sections and disabled them, but not sure if that disabled the pci card as well....
Nor is there an option to select the PCI card

Edited by omar

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am succesfully booting Xpenology from an SD card in the internal SD card slot of a HP DL120 G7.

vid and pid settings I use:

set vid=0x0003
set pid=0x0000

Running DSM version 6.2.2-24922 Update 2

Jun's loader v1.03b - DS3615xs

No custom extra.lzma