XPEnology Community

Update from 5.2-5565 to latest 5.2

Greetings, i have the following xpenology setup (my hw is Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-D3H mATX - FM2+, A8 7600)

• Model name: DS3615xs
  • DSM Version: DSM 5.2-5565
  • USB version: XPEnoboot_DS3615xs_5.2-5565.2 (i need to double check that)

I believe the latest version available is the DSM 5.2-5967 Update 9, what is the safest way to update to this version?

Thanx!

Thank you very much for this information.

So the steps are (because i am a little rusty):

1. Format the usb drive with Win32DiskImager the image of XPEnoboot_DS3615xs_5.2-5967.1.img/iso
  2. Boot the machine with the updated usb drive
  3. Update from the control panel with the DSM_DS3615xs_5967.pat from here https://archive.synology.com/download/DSM/release/5.2/5967/

Correct until step 2. You won't be able to access DSM's desktop until you update it.

Once you boot the machine with the new loader, Go to your browser and type the IP of your box. DSM will ask you to migrate/update. I would suggest you to download the PAT file so that you have it handy once DSM asks you to provide the file.

Thank you again for your information.

For the record after i updated the usb drive and booted with it the DSM didn't ask me to migrate/update and i successfully updated my DMS with the DSM_DS3615xs_5967.pat file. After that i did an update via the control panel to Update-9 and after two reboots everything seems to be OK (with the first reboot it game the error "Abnormality detected on DISKSTATION. All volumes have been unmounted.").

Yes! Now i am having a weird issue and i am not sure where to post, i have installed successfully the docker package and i am trying to download/install containers, they do with success (or at least that what the docker log say) but there are nowhere to be found at the docker!