XPEnology DSM 5.0-4493 Discussion / Bootloaders

NoX

Hi,

Synology is going to release a new version :

http://ukdl.synology.com/download/DSM/5.0/4493/

No changelog for now.

EDIT : Found changelog.

Change Log

After updating to this version, DSM will run data scrubbing on RAID 5 volumes and disk groups that were created in DSM 4.1 or earlier versions to improve the stability of RAID 5 volumes.

Fixed a security issue in the system kernel. (CVE-2014-0196).

Fixed an issue where all web pages could display "No input file specified" when the value of "Customize PHP open_basedir" was set to “none” or empty.

Enhanced the stability of iSCSI target service.

NanoBoot 5.0.2.4 works on this latest pat file.... i just tested it.

... press tab after booting NanoBoot then edit pat version... :grin:

have not tried migrating from 4482 to 4493 tho, to see whether existing files gets affected. will try it out then report afterwards.

4493.JPG.c62d369e9ab6b1ff8ec23ecebc07885b.JPG

have not tried migrating from 4482 to 4493 tho, to see whether existing files gets affected. will try it out then report afterwards.

Just did an upgrade from 4482 to 4493 and works. Will make some adjusted bootimages.

That was fast,.. then i can upgrade now my other machine with data in it. thanks Bro! :grin:

Just did an upgrade from 4482 to 4493 and works. Will make some adjusted bootimages.

Could you mind to tell me how to adjust the boot images ?

從我的 用 iPad 發送

Could you mind to tell me how to adjust the boot images ?

從我的 用 iPad 發送

I am eager to try this upgrade for my off-site box. Would someone please tell me if I have the upgrade process correct?

-Download the latest "NB_x64_5024_DSM_50-4493_Xpenology_nl.iso" and block copy it over to a usb drive.

-Boot up the new drive and choose update option?

-Open web browser (or use Synology Assistant?) and upload the new 4493 firmware?

-Use clean install instead of upgrade

Am I close? My Xpenology box is one that went from Trantor's to Gnoboot's and now I'm excited to try Nanoboot.

I am eager to try this upgrade for my off-site box. Would someone please tell me if I have the upgrade process correct?

-Download the latest "NB_x64_5024_DSM_50-4493_Xpenology_nl.iso" and block copy it over to a usb drive.

-Boot up the new drive and choose update option? You need to use .img for USB, not .iso

-Open web browser (or use Synology Assistant?) and upload the new 4493 firmware?

-Use clean install instead of upgrade

Am I close? My Xpenology box is one that went from Trantor's to Gnoboot's and now I'm excited to try Nanoboot.

Any issues with updating with 5.0.2.2 Nanoboot? I believe it is basically the same as 5.0.2.4 other than some drivers

Shoudn't be a problem.

I am assuming you are referring to leveraging the DSM upgrade function in the gui.

I have a question.

I am running Nanoboot-5.0.2.4 DSM 5.0-4482 X64 on my VM esxi and would like to upgrade to the latest 4493.

I have downloaded the new images Nanoboot 4493.

What are the steps to perform the upgrade without loosing all my config and files?

Thanks

One question for the one that have upgraded. I've used your image and could upgrade my N54L to the 4493 version. No data nor configuration lost. But if I open Synology Assistant again, I see my XPenology as "Not configured"! Is that appearing to you too? With older versions I can see my XPenology as "Ready". I can use it normally, access my apps, shares, etc.