XPEnology Community

Package high availability manager impossible deletion

Ludo34

Hi all,

I need your help please. Few updates ago, I nstalled "High Availability Manager". Since some last update to dsm 6... I canno't delete this package because I cannot see this one on "Package center".

How I can delete this package ? SSH or another way ?

Thx a lot

I don't think you installed that package. High Availability Manager pre-DSM 6.2 came pre-installed with DSM and it can't be deleted from the Package Center by the user. This said, in general, packages can be deleted through command line. All you need is to do is:

synopkg uninstall <package>

This will not work with High Availability Manager under DSM 6.1 though because of what I have stated above.

If you update to DSM 6.2 my gut feeling tells me that DSM will update High Availability Manager to version 2.0 and then you will be able to delete it if you so desire. I don't recommend updating to DSM 6.2 just for that though.

And by the way, no need to double post. Please read the rules of the forum.

22 hours ago, Polanskiman said:

I don't think you installed that package. High Availability Manager pre-DSM 6.2 came pre-installed with DSM and it can't be deleted from the Package Center by the user. This said, in general, packages can be deleted through command line. All you need is to do is:

synopkg uninstall <package>

This will not work with High Availability Manager under DSM 6.1 though because of what I have stated above.

If you update to DSM 6.2 my gut feeling tells me that DSM will update High Availability Manager to version 2.0 and then you will be able to delete it if you so desire. I don't recommend updating to DSM 6.2 just for that though.

And by the way, no need to double post. Please read the rules of the forum.

Hi Polanskiman, Yhx a lot for your answer. Sorry for the double post (french and English) but as you can see I don't receive the answer in the french topic. So, i test here.

I will test with this command line in shh mode

thx 

8 hours ago, Ludo34 said:

Hi Polanskiman, Yhx a lot for your answer. Sorry for the double post (french and English) but as you can see I don't receive the answer in the french topic. So, i test here.

I will test with this command line in shh mode

thx 

As I said, it wont work and I would advise against trying to remove any reference of High Availability Manager through command line. You might end up screwing your box.