XPEnology Community

DSM 5.0.4482 - nanobot 5.0.2.4 (serial number and script ?)

patetoune

Hello,

First of all, a thousand apologies to all for my bad language proficiency shakespeare .

I was gnoboot 4458 version but I could not install the upgrades 1 and 2, I decided to migrate to the 4482 version 5.0.2.4 nanoboot . Despite my small computer knowledge , it went well and everything works , but 2 small details crumple me .

1) with Gnoboot , and after the various contributions on this forum, I changed the serial number. But with nanoboot , should i do and if yes so how ? Because I can't apply it the preferred method for gnoboot . Indeed, it was necessary to modify theline kernel section / zImage sn = XXXXXXXXXX present in the file usbshare1/boot/grub/menu_alpha.lst via File Station. But i don't have the same structure with nanoboot or at least I don't see this menu_alpha.lst file.

2) Should I install the script in the task scheduler ?

sed ' s/flashupdateDeb/flashupdateDeb1 / ' / autoupd@te.info > / autoupd@te.info1

mv / autoupd@te.info1 / autoupd@te.info

Thank you all for you answers

ssh to your machine as root, then go to the boot folder then inside syslinux folder you'll find syslinux.cfg. copy it to somewhere to want then open it with any text editor (eg notepad in windows) then you'll find the S/N there, edit all of them to whatever you want.

ssh to your machine as root, then go to the boot folder then inside syslinux folder you'll find syslinux.cfg. copy it to somewhere to want then open it with any text editor (eg notepad in windows) then you'll find the S/N there, edit all of them to whatever you want.

Can't you just vi the file from ssh at that point?

Hi im using dsm 5.0 4482 nanoboot 5.0.2.4

Hi. I am having problem editing the vendor file

I can connect to the sinology whit WinSCP whit scp and ftp butt not sftp. and when I logg in as root to scp and ftp I cant find the vendor file. just @tmp, boot and zImage. no vendor file. what am I doing wrong? want to change the mac address so I don't get hacked. or don't I have to do that with the nanoboot 5.0.2.4 and 4482 pat file? I just have the server in my home in the network.

Hello,

I followed the tutorial http://www.xpenology.nl/wake-on-lan/ and I could change my serial number and now i have the WOL. In short everything works.

Thank you to all

So how did you do this for the Nanoboot install. Because it lacks the Vender file that is used in gnoboot.

Grub is also different in comparising in gnoboot and nanoboot.

And are you able to use quickconnect?

Hello,

I followed the tutorial http://www.xpenology.nl/wake-on-lan/ and I could change my serial number and now i have the WOL. In short everything works.

Thank you to all

So how did you do this for the Nanoboot install. Because it lacks the Vender file that is used in gnoboot.

Grub is also different in comparising in gnoboot and nanoboot.

And are you able to use quickconnect?

For Quickconnect, i don't use it and i believe it doesn't work with xpenology, only with a true synology

When looking at mine nanoboot image, I do not have the menu_nano.lst anywhere.

/NanoBoot
d 	boot
zImage

/NanoBoot/boot
d 	syslinux

/NanoBoot/boot/syslinux
ldlinux.sys
menu.c32
poweroff.com
reboot.c32
synology.png
syslinux.cfg
version
vesamenu.c32

The only place where I can fill in an other serial is in syslinux.cfg.

I'll do some extra research in finding the correct location for the vender file.