XPEnology Community

Slow boot on GIGABYTE GA-J3455N-D3H and Jun's Loader v1.04b DS918+

dedmsk

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, TeleDDim said:

Does hardware transcoding work?

Nope, I had the "/dev/dri" device in the previous DSM - 6.2.1-23824, but not there post upgrade. I was thinking of trying the unmodified 1.04b bootloader, with a VGA display connected. Someone mentioned that works. If that's the case, then the resistor hack should work. Used to do this same thing in Hackintosh and Intel Cards. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jseinfeld said:

Nope, I had the "/dev/dri" device in the previous DSM - 6.2.1-23824, but not there post upgrade. I was thinking of trying the unmodified 1.04b bootloader, with a VGA display connected. Someone mentioned that works. If that's the case, then the resistor hack should work. Used to do this same thing in Hackintosh and Intel Cards. 

+1, I have a J4105M and I don't have the /dev/dri folder. I tried everything and no luck (I use real3x mod 1.04).

Same test with Q1900 and J4205 and /dev/dri folder appears.

on my Q1900 Migrated from DS3615xs to DS918+ and it worked fine including hardware transcoding.

1. i had to keep extra2.lzma or no boot

2. i have a second network card installed (intel EXPI9301CTBLK) and it WORKS PERFECT!!!

3. if the network cards are bridged the whole system becomes unuasable

4. boot time has increased 2 or 3 fold since update but once booted everything is snappy

5. system does not shutdown or restart from the interface and hangs, using power button spk helps for now until there is a fix for that

over all i am happy with migration but i think at some point i am going to redo everything and start fresh once i have my data backup

Thanks!

В 26.06.2019 в 12:31, dedmsk сказал:

Hi all.

GIGABYTE GA-J3455N-D3H

Jun's Loader v1.04b DS918+

DSM 6.2.1-23824 Update 6

Very slow boot

Power on Xpenology, on screen I see boot screen, then 5-8 minutes freeze and only after that loading DSM

There is any opportunity to see exactly what the problem is?

I have upgraded memory from 4 to 8 GB and reboot takes now 3-4 minutes

Le 07/09/2019 à 20:51, opty a dit :

1. i had to keep extra2.lzma or no boot

If i understood well the uses of extra(s).lzma :

- extra2 and extra are the same

- i dont really understand the purpose of the extra2

- if you remove a driver from extra, then it will be injected from extra 2 (thats why we need to remove extra2 if we have to boot without a driver from extra)

So if you have to keep extra2 you dont have to use a tweaked extra.

Edited by real3x

20 hours ago, real3x said:

- i dont really understand the purpose of the extra2

- if you remove a driver from extra, then it will be injected from extra 2 (thats why we need to remove extra2 if we have to boot without a driver from extra)

to be honest i don't understand it either but there has to be a reason for it if jun left it in there and in my case and i think there are few others reporting not booting without extra2 pack.

in the next few day i will do some more testing on a fresh install and report back,  for the time being my system is having issues with shutdown and restart but my system always on 24/7 so it really isn't all that bad.

i managed to work out all the issues i was having 👏

for whatever reason unknown to me my Realtek network card was getting the wrong ip address when i tried to create network bond after disabling it in Bios and reboot and enabling it the issue was resolved and now is working as expected.

the restart and shutdown issue is also resolved by tweaking some setting in the Bios

Boot time is also back to near normal with the above changes

as someone else mention on this board the upgrade/update took 3 reboot before the system was fully functional so be patient 

@real3x it looks like you uploaded two or more version of your extra.lzma file what is the difference if any? they seem to be the same but different in size and looks like one has some files from your mac which may or may not cause issues

Thanks!

sorry for posting here, but all of you have just made this upgrade and we all have similar mobo, so for you it is easy to understand my issue.

with 6.1.7 everthing well.

with 6.2.1 or 6.2.2 small problem with time setting.

basically I have regional setting correct, I live in Italy, and time is reported correctly in control panel. Now in Italy we have DST time.

I made hard disk smart tests, quick or extended doesn't matter, but in history log time is reported not correct. It has +1 hour.  Also tryed a new fresh installation, go back to fresh new install of 6.1.7 and time is 100% correct in every place, including history. Tryed version 6.2.1 and 6.2.2 and time in history is reported +1 hour. So the problem came out from 6.2.x version.

As you can see the picture:

- screenshot of regional setting, in control panel. Time is correct

- screenshot which reports the last executed smart test. Time in this tab is correct. I actually begin the test at 20:42:55
- screenshot of the history tab, which is reporting exactly +1 hour, 21:42:55

can you try doing a quick smart test just to see what happens with smart test history? not a big problem, but maybe the solution it is simply......

01.png

02.png

03.png

Edited by zeratul75

Il y a 17 heures, opty a dit :

@real3x it looks like you uploaded two or more version of your extra.lzma file what is the difference if any? they seem to be the same but different in size and looks like one has some files from your mac which may or may not cause issues

Yes, the old one was a test that i post without cleaning some osx files and a duplicate file, nothing to worry, it's just dust and it's interfereless. The good one is here with instructions

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 10/1/2019 at 9:22 PM, weberio said:

Hello, someone can confirm in asrock j3160 work with RTL8111GR?
I don't get it at all.

did you get it working?

I have also an J3160 board with RTL8111GR

@abced

wich extra.lzma did you used?

real3x´s extra.lzma ?

i can´t get it working with IG-88´extra-lzma