XPEnology Community

Slow boot on GIGABYTE GA-J3455N-D3H and Jun's Loader v1.04b DS918+

dedmsk

Try my extra : (no need to disable anything in bios)

Change of this extra.lzma >

- removed drivers i915.ko drm_kms_helper.ko drm.ko in usr/lib/modules

- removed reference of this drivers in etc/rc.modules

Installation >

sudo -i
echo 1 > /proc/sys/kernel/syno_install_flag
mkdir -p /mnt/synoboot1
mkdir -p /mnt/synoboot2
mount /dev/synoboot1 /mnt/synoboot1
mount /dev/synoboot2 /mnt/synoboot2

Remove extra2.lzma and replace extra.lzma by the one attach at this is post in /mnt/synoboot2

Important > clean /usr/lib/modules/update/*  - Be careful with the rm ! :)

rm -rf /usr/lib/modules/update/*

And reboot.

you might not have KP on i915 but you''ll probably lost your LAN, since this motherboard only have an old PCI port, i have no clue about a LAN card in PCI that might work.

Alternatively you can use a dongle USB3 > LAN, a one with a ax88179 chips like this one > https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00MYTSN18/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This chipset work natively with the DSM driver :

[ 240.104583] ax88179_178a 2-3:1.0 eth1: register 'ax88179_178a' at usb-0000:00:15.0-3, ASIX AX88179 USB 3.0 Gigabit Ethernet, 00:0e:c6:bd:d5:13
[ 240.118675] usbcore: registered new interface driver ax88179_178a

extra.lzma

Edited by real3x
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5

Installation >
sudo -iecho 1 > /proc/sys/kernel/syno_install_flagmkdir -p /mnt/synoboot1mkdir -p /mnt/synoboot2mount /dev/synoboot1 /mnt/synoboot1mount /dev/synoboot2 /mnt/synoboot2

Remove extra2.lzma and replace extra.lzma by the one attach at this is post in /mnt/synoboot2

Important > clean /usr/lib/modules/update/*  - Be careful with the rm ! [emoji4]

And reboot.

you might not have KP on i915 but you''ll probably lost your LAN, since this motherboard only have an old PCI port, i have no clue about a LAN card in PCI that might work.

Alternatively you can use a dongle USB3 > LAN, a one with a ax88179 chips like this one > https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00MYTSN18/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

[ 240.104583] ax88179_178a 2-3:1.0 eth1: register 'ax88179_178a' at usb-0000:00:15.0-3, ASIX AX88179 USB 3.0 Gigabit Ethernet, 00:0e:c6:bd:d5:13[ 240.118675] usbcore: registered new interface driver ax88179_178a

extra.lzma

Why Ethernet card not work ?

Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Tapatalk

Because a big part of Realtek Ethernet Chips stop to work under the last update. Gigabyte dont communicate on witch Realtek Chips they integrate on this motherboard. I've just find the pid/vid/rev Device [10ec:8168] (rev 0c) > the rev 0c is the important thing, but i did not find the corresponding realtek model.

But try the update with my extra.lzma and we'll see if the lan work :)

• 5 weeks later...
On 6/26/2019 at 4:56 PM, dedmsk said:

Connect to serial console.

But I see only garbage...

Setting correct 1150200/8n

photo_2019-06-26_17-37-21.jpg

I am experiencing the same problem.

Now, while not being a guru, I'm not a newbie either..

I'm running Jun's 1.04b on an Asrock J4105-ITX, which has a physical COM connector.

what I've tried so far: 115200bps, 8n1, no flow control.

I tried two different USB adapter, an FDTI 232RL and a Prolific 2303. Same garbage.

I modified grub.cfg  (and re-flashed) to lower the baud rate to 38400:

if serial --port=0x3F8 --speed=38400;then
        set has_serial=true
        terminal_input --append serial
        terminal_output --append serial
else
        clear
fi

hoping that it was corruption due to the  high baudrate but no.. same as above.

I tried using logical inversion of the RX using Winterm at both the above baudrates.. same garbage.

Anyone got an idea of what else I might try?

..and @dedmsk : you said you solved this issue.. might you please tell me how?

Many thanks!

Edited by ilgrank

19 hours ago, ilgrank said:

I am experiencing the same problem.

..and @dedmsk : you said you solved this issue.. might you please tell me how?

Many thanks!

I believe he said what he did to fix his issue.

On 6/28/2019 at 7:56 PM, dedmsk said:

Today I buy USB-RS232 cable and change male connector to female. In 2 hours I will try the cable in action

Do not change the baud rate.

8 hours ago, Polanskiman said:

I believe he said what he did to fis hix issue.

Do not change the baud rate.

I'll try to buy a different adapter then (the only doubt I have so far is that both the adapters I'm currently using are TX/RX only, and do not carry CTS/RTS data)

.. but while we are at it.. why I should not change the baud rage in grub.cfg? Any undesired side-effect?

I'll try to buy a different adapter then (the only doubt I have so far is that both the adapters I'm currently using are TX/RX only, and do not carry CTS/RTS data)

.. but while we are at it.. why I should not change the baud rage in grub.cfg? Any undesired side-effect?

The actual question is, why change it? [emoji6] Your problem is related to the adapter I think. Check out what I said here:

I'll answer a couple of questions of mine:

1) You can change the baudrate, but it will be switched back to 115200 after Grub, so as @Polanskiman said, it is not worth to change it.

2) The problem lies NOT in the cables, but in the CTS/DSR lines, which I had *not* connected as usually (99% of the times) they're not needed.

I switched to a full (9 pins connected) adapter and it worked at first try.

Then I switched back to my arduino usb to serial, connected the missing pins and it worked too.. mistery solved :)

Now I can finally try to figure out the remaining issues..

Again, many thanks to everyone who helped!! :)

On 6/29/2019 at 5:25 PM, real3x said:

Installation >

sudo -i
echo 1 > /proc/sys/kernel/syno_install_flag
mkdir -p /mnt/synoboot1
mkdir -p /mnt/synoboot2
mount /dev/synoboot1 /mnt/synoboot1
mount /dev/synoboot2 /mnt/synoboot2

Important > clean /usr/lib/modules/update/*  - Be careful with the rm ! :)

And reboot.

[ 240.104583] ax88179_178a 2-3:1.0 eth1: register 'ax88179_178a' at usb-0000:00:15.0-3, ASIX AX88179 USB 3.0 Gigabit Ethernet, 00:0e:c6:bd:d5:13
[ 240.118675] usbcore: registered new interface driver ax88179_178a

extra.lzma 1.48 MB · 21 downloads

Can't mount synoboot2

Wrong fs type or resource busy (((

synoboot1 successful mount

Edited by dedmsk

Is you DSM installation new ? if not you have to :

Important > clean /usr/lib/modules/update/*  - Be careful with the rm ! 

And if the DSM is new, it's probably a bios error, make sure that all is uefi in bios setting, specially the LAN

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/29/2019 at 4:25 PM, real3x said:

What is my best to use this USB3 ethernet dongle? Should I disable MOBO NIC? Or should I left internal NIC enabled and add another NIC on grub.cfg?

If i remember well, you have nothing to do, just plug the dongle and you'll get a new LAN ip. If it dont work you can try to disable the onboard NIC.

You're on a J4105B-ITX ? it's a RTL8111H, and this NIC is reported to work with 6.2.2-24922 Update 2.

9 minutes ago, real3x said:

If i remember well, you have nothing to do, just plug the dongle and you'll get a new LAN ip. If it dont work you can try to disable the onboard NIC.

You're on a J4105B-ITX ? it's a RTL8111H, and this NIC is reported to work with 6.2.2-24922 Update 2.

J4105B-ITX here.  Hardware transcoding is working  on 6.2.1 update 6 and custom extra.lzma.

I tried and updated two times on a test disk 6.2.2 changing extra.lzma, deleting extra2.lzma on 1.04 loader and deleting /usr/lib/modules/update/* . It worked flawlessly but none of the two times I tried hardware transcoding was working.