XPEnology Community

Installed Jun's 1.03b Loader and DS3617xs Reboot Loop - 6.2.2-24922

Hi,

I'm having a problem with a "new" Synology machine. Installed several, and never had any troubles but time I do. 

Went to find.synology.com and the unit was detected fine, including the drives. I selected to download the latest PAT file automatically (mistake?) from Synology, (I think the latest one is 6.2.2-24922). After the restart the synology is no longer found on my network, and every 3-4 minutes the server reboots. 

Loader: Jun's 1.03b for DS3617xs

Motherboard: GA-Z68M-D2H

CPU: i7 3770

Chipset: Intel Z68 Express Chipset

LAN: Realtek RTL8111E chip (10/100/1000 Mbit)

Drives: 3 x 8TB WD Enterprise SATA (Port 0, 2,4)

Any way to find out what is going on?

So after trying numberous times, I went with the ds3615, and it no longer reboots. It's stuck at the Intro message. 

Now, I still cannot find it on the network after uploading the PAT file.

Disconnected the drives and it's not on the network. 

What is really odd though, if it works initially with the loader before I upload the PAT file, I can assume that the driver of the network card is not the issue. Correct?

So after trying numberous times, I went with the ds3615, and it no longer reboots. It's stuck at the Intro message. 

Now, I still cannot find it on the network after uploading the PAT file.

Disconnected the drives and it's not on the network. 

What is really odd though, if it works initially with the loader before I upload the PAT file, I can assume that the driver of the network card is not the issue. Correct?

The Realtek NIC is not supported with 6.2.2. I had the same issue and bought a cheap hp nic that uses the intel chipset. Now everything works great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, baratta930 said:

The Realtek NIC is not supported with 6.2.2. I had the same issue and bought a cheap hp nic that uses the intel chipset. Now everything works great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you Sir. This fixed it. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/25/2019 at 6:29 AM, cri5py said:

I went with the 3615. I'm used to it and has been pretty solid for me.

Hey! Not sure if you will get to see this but I was wondering if you could lend a hand with my build. I have almost the same exact set up as you but I keep making it to the screen that asks you to find it on the network but I never do. 

I used to have quicknicks 3.0 booter with 6.1 but wanted to try and upgrade after I saw so many success stories with 6.2. lol I can see activity in my nic once the loader finished loading and even see my HDD activity lights, but it never gets an IP address on either nic and Synology assistant never finds it. 

Current hardware is:

-Z68 ASRock extreme 4 

- i7 3770

- tg3 Broadcom internal nic.

- e1000e PCIe PRO/1000 NIC  ( purchased to see if it was any different from the internal nic) 

- using internal sata headers besides the marvel ones in my motherboard. 

- using Jun's 1.03b with 4.8 extra.lza 

Thank you in advance and hope to hear from you!