XPEnology Community

ESXi 6.7 new 6.2.1 install works but not upgrading existing DSM install?

ilovepancakes

I am running ESXi 6.7 with Jun's 1.03b loader for 3617xs. I finally found a combination of settings that let's me install and run DSM 6.2.1 then upgrade to 6.2.2 (e1000e NIC and SATA HDDs only). The SATA virtual disks was the key part I was missing when trying before.

But, I have an existing DSM install with same loader that is running 6.2. I change the NIC to e1000e and change the VMDKs to SATA instead of SCSI. I boot back up and 6.2 successfully works with e1000e and SATA drives it shows now. So the pre-upgrade changes successfully worked and boot. Now I login to 6.2 and choose my 6.2.1 PAT file, it does the upgrade and reboots, but DSM now doesn't come back on network.

Any ideas why I would be able to get 6.2.1 working with 1.03b 3617xs as a new install but not be able to upgrade an existing one even though I changed over the disks to SATA and NIC to e1000e. Anything else I have to do special to get this working? I feel so close!!!!

8 minutes ago, luchuma said:

Show serial output from vm

Wysłane z mojego SM-G970F przy użyciu Tapatalka

Wow didn't even know I could do that and see the output of it booting. Looks like it was hanging at the USB module loading. I changed the USB controller on the VM to 3.0 instead of 2.0 and it worked!