XPEnology Community

New server j4105b asrock or 5005?

woozz

Hey all  I want to build a new server but it’s very important for me that I can transcode with one of the CPUs can anyone help me if it will work ?
and the j4102b is only with 2 sata ports:(
Just an heads up for you, I was using a J4105 and had power problems and the server would not power off or restart gracefully. I used the power button package that worked but wasn't really useful if I wanted to reboot remotely

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, siri_uk said:

Just an heads up for you, I was using a J4105 and had power problems and the server would not power off or restart gracefully. I used the power button package that worked but wasn't really useful if I wanted to reboot remotely

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Hello thank you for your answer first of all I should start with which system I have now

i5 2300

8gb ram

4 x 1tb drives

because I want to change is because I want to have the watt down and I will like to use Xpenology because it’s simple and easy in the end I would like to use the transcoding in Plex and I will have 5 to 9 streams all the time and I hope that the GPU can handle that because when I am looking at ds918+ then I can see that It can handle 9 streams at to 2mbit

I think that I will go a bit higher than two maybe five or six and if I can build the same system with XPENOLOGY then I’m very happy