XPEnology Community

Trial of Nanoboot (4493) - 5.0.3.1

hello,

i use sancome nanoboot 5.0.2.4 (dsm 4482 original) with hp n54l, i can't solve my problem :roll: with wol, my mac address is same on bios and dsm, wol is activated on bios, if anyone have idea ?

thanks

WOL is working on nanoBoot 5.0.2.x

Use step by step from deel 3

Use script S99ZZZ_Shutdown.sh

http://www.xpenology.nl/wake-on-lan/

it works on my HP N40L after the first restart, now I can run my server remotely

thx

demon_sl :grin:

hi,

wol work for me with gnoboot 10.5 dsm 5.0 4482.

i try with nanoboot method on link, permission denied to copy S99ZZZ_Shutdown.sh with SCP on directory / usr / syno / etc / rc.d / :roll:

Hi, you can copy only by user :

root

hello,

i make a copy with SCP but with Putty i have this :

DiskStation> /usr/syno/etc/rc.d/

-ash: /usr/syno/etc/rc.d/: Permission denied

hi,

wol work for me with gnoboot 10.5 dsm 5.0 4482.

i try with nanoboot method on link, permission denied to copy S99ZZZ_Shutdown.sh with SCP on directory / usr / syno / etc / rc.d / :roll:

Hi, you can copy only by user :

root

hello,

i make a copy with SCP but with Putty i have this :

DiskStation> /usr/syno/etc/rc.d/

-ash: /usr/syno/etc/rc.d/: Permission denied

hello,

i solved my problem with this :

have changed my /etc/synoinfo.conf:

wol_enabled_options=“” to wol_enabled_options=“g”

eth0_wol_options="" to eth0_wol_options="g"

And then i have put with Wincsp S99ZZZ_Shutdown.sh on /etc/syno/etc/rc.d and right click to give permission :cool:

wol and wow work fine.

Today I tried to update from DSM4 3202 to DSM5 4588 and for some reason I cannot update with the synology assistent.

If I use the NanoBoot 5.0.2.4 or GNOboot 10.5.7 stick the synology assistent says my configuration is lost.

If I use the original stick, my DSM won't properly boot and shows up in the synology assistent with the wrong ip adres and stating that it is running DSM5 4482. But I can't get any data from the drives or shares.

If I try to upload the original PAT file or a DSM4 (3211) I always get the error that the file is corruptes (error 13)

Also, I see no red errors but with all the sticks I use to boot I get ' Startup daemons', date and time and "Excution error"

I have a HP N36L

What should I do now?

Hi,

I was previously trying to run gnoBoot on XenServer. Any chance you could add Xen virt drivers in future build? Currently nanoboot cant find NICs and HDDs..

http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Mainlin ... mU_Support

There might be another issue, virtualized HDD will be /dev/xvda.. /dev/xvdb .. etc.. instead of /dev/sda ...

If needed I can provide testing, etc..

Thank you

Today I tried to update from DSM4 3202 to DSM5 4588 and for some reason I cannot update with the synology assistent.

If I use the NanoBoot 5.0.2.4 or GNOboot 10.5.7 stick the synology assistent says my configuration is lost.

If I use the original stick, my DSM won't properly boot and shows up in the synology assistent with the wrong ip adres and stating that it is running DSM5 4482. But I can't get any data from the drives or shares.

If I try to upload the original PAT file or a DSM4 (3211) I always get the error that the file is corruptes (error 13)

Also, I see no red errors but with all the sticks I use to boot I get ' Startup daemons', date and time and "Excution error"

I have a HP N36L

What should I do now?

Restore from backup... assuming you took a backup..

I was on 4.3 Beta2, went to DSM5 4598 Nanoboot last night without any issues. SMOOTH!

16TB so i was a little bit worried if it failed!