XPEnology Community

Trial of Nanoboot (4493) - 5.0.3.1

DS3612xs 12 drives are available instead of only 4.

yes i know, but i've only 4 bay so if possible i'd like to have DS415+ model configuration...

All 4 cores are recognized and used, but i3 and two cores are shown in the system info.

ok, i hope, but why is not recognized as an AMD 5350 quad core? There is a nanoboot (or gnoboot) version that show my correct hardware?

Regards,

Alberto

Edited by Guest

DS3612xs 12 drives are available instead of only 4.

yes i know, but i've only 4 bay so if possible i'd like to have DS415+ model configuration...

All 4 cores are recognized and used, but i3 and two cores are shown in the system info.

ok, i hope, but why is not recognized as an AMD 5350 quad core? There is a nanoboot (or gnoboot) version that show my correct hardware?

Because there is no corresponding Synology boxes with this CPU/Chipset. Do you understand the difference between what is actually recognized and that is shown? Try to login into shell (SSH) and type

cat /proc/cpuinfo

Regards,

Alberto

hi,

With the latest nanoboot my AMD AM1 platform was recognized as Intel core i3 (dual core) while is an AMD AM1 5350 (quad core).

Regards,

Alberto

it is hard coded in DSM. since DS3612xs is sold only with i3 processor then there is no need to to find proc type and display other than i3, so programmers hard coded this info.

about system for DS415+. i found that its possible to install DSM for some RackStations, like RS3614xs+. i think so any DSM from segment 'Large scale business' will work, but not luck with DS415+

about system for DS415+. i found that its possible to install DSM for some RackStations, like RS3614xs+. i think so any DSM from segment 'Large scale business' will work, but not luck with DS415+

DS415+ also uses different chipset (AVOTON) and many third party applications has not been compiled for it yet.

DS415+ also uses different chipset (AVOTON) and many third party applications has not been compiled for it yet.

It's an x86_64 CPU, why should applications be compiled specifically for this CPU?¨

Has anyone tried update 5.0-4528?

got error 21

try from 4493 to 4528.

virtualbox vm

Got an error about access to temporary folder.

Has anyone tried update 5.0-4528?

got error 21

try from 4493 to 4528.

virtualbox vm

Got an error about access to temporary folder.

This update isn't a small update so you need to use the migration process. You will need to update the USB drive/ESXi boot device and then use the Up/Down grade option in the boot menu or edit the boot sequence in the menu file for grub. If you try this update using the small update process in the DSM you will get the Temp folder access error.

The update is back up.

Version : 5.0-4528 Update 1

(29/10/2014)

Fixed Issues

1. Fixed an issue that could cause DSM to become inaccessible after a system upgrade with a certain type of hard drive.

2. Fixed an issue where the name of shared folders could be incorrectly displayed, making data inaccessible when connecting via WebDAV protocol.

IMG (USB image for installation on hardware)

X64

Nano Boat 5.0.3.2 DSM 5.0-4528 X64

this image is not a bootable image. I have written it by win32diskimager but I can't use it in a bare metal machine.

Anyone can boot this image????

I have the same problem,after setting it up after my usb with dsm5.0-4493 installed the new version dsm5.0-4528 after that did the update 1 from the gui of the server now when it boots ist says invalid partition table,how to go from here?

This update isn't a small update so you need to use the migration process. You will need to update the USB drive/ESXi boot device and then use the Up/Down grade option in the boot menu or edit the boot sequence in the menu file for grub. If you try this update using the small update process in the DSM you will get the Temp folder access error.

do you mean migration procedure??