XPEnology Community

Trial of Nanoboot (4493) - 5.0.3.1

Hallo Peoples,

I have a problem with Nano 5.0.3.2 x64 my conection doesnt works. I think it is the onboard Lan Card. with gnoboot x64 it works.

i Have a Pentium 4 with Asrock 775V88+ motherboard

i there any way to make it work with nanoboot ?

diskstation 4.3 is working well :smile:

thanks for help

JK

some informations about the Lan card

- VIA® 6103 10/100 Ethernet LAN PHY

- 802.3u, WOL supported

- Supports PXE

Hey all,

Just updated to DSM 5.0 Update 7 on my HP N40L, no longer able to mount my encrypted shared folder. I just get an error message saying "The operation failed. Please log in to DSM and try again". Key is definitely correct, worked fine as of yesterday whilst I was still on Update 3.

Anybody else had this problem? Hopefully I can recover data, I've seen a number of things to try including mounting in on another linux box.

-mrchris76

Hi,

First thanks for the amazing job you are doing.

I'm trying to install DSM Nanoboot on proxmox

But the problem is I cannot start DHCP on my public server, and I need to set static ip before trying to install.

There are some user/pass default on nanoboot before install? or any configuration to automatic set a static IP before try to install DSM?

Sorry for my bad english :sad:

thanks!

Epicurean:

First off, try a shutdown, as opposed to a reboot, I suspect that wierd stuff sometimes happens to the raid array on upgrades with reboots, as opposed to power off. If your volume is still at volume2 then a few questions:

1: How many disks have you got installed?

2: Are they JBOD or SHR?

3: Was the volume clean when you did the upgrade?

4: login via ssh, what do df, mount, and cat /proc/mdstat give as output?

Andrew

Have a look at

http://forum.synology.com/enu/viewtopic ... 39&t=41586

I just made a clone of a test VM with nanoboot and 2 disks in SHR, storage on volume1 per default

worked in vm changing volume1 to volume2

I logged into the machine as root via ssh and ran:

/usr/syno/sbin/synospace --synoblock -s /dev/sda -v volume_2

Nota Bene: that is no type, it is volume_2 at the end, not! volume2

then did a shutdown.

After powering back on the GUI showed all the data still there in filestation (ie. the above migrated the contents cleanly) and the volume was called volume2

In the terminal I found /volume2 with all the data underneath it, and /volume1 with only @tmp inside of it. Then I did rm -r /volume1, and again poweroff.

After powering back on the data was still there, & the volume was healthy, so I did

/usr/syno/sbin/synospace --synoblock -s /dev/sda -v volume_1

and again a shutdown.

After powering back on, the data was still there, & volume was still healthy, from terminal I did rm -r /volume2 and a reboot.

Everything fine, volume is called volume1 again, & there is no volume2 anymore.

So... to summarize, it would appear that the name of the volume is just where the array (/dev/vg1000/lv) gets mounted.

I didn't have a lot of files on the volume & no unusual permissions, but they appear to have stayed intact throughout.

As long as your array is healthy then you shouldn't have any trouble:

restart

check that the data is on /volume1 again

rm -r /volume2

restart

Andrew

Hello,

I have a N54l with DSM5 update 7, and i'd like to use my hp P410 raid card, but driver is not in the current nanoboot release/kernel. Is there any possibility that it could be integrated in a close futur? I thought it was already included as in main line kernel since a while, and used in the community of the microserver user, but no added disk in dsm and no driver seen in lspci -k...

If someone could help me (do I have to recompile my own kernel - quiet a naughty path - , or compile the driver directly... did it in the past but not so easy...)

Have a look at

http://forum.synology.com/enu/viewtopic ... 39&t=41586

I just made a clone of a test VM with nanoboot and 2 disks in SHR, storage on volume1 per default

worked in vm changing volume1 to volume2

I logged into the machine as root via ssh and ran:

/usr/syno/sbin/synospace --synoblock -s /dev/sda -v volume_2

Nota Bene: that is no type, it is volume_2 at the end, not! volume2

then did a shutdown.

After powering back on the GUI showed all the data still there in filestation (ie. the above migrated the contents cleanly) and the volume was called volume2

In the terminal I found /volume2 with all the data underneath it, and /volume1 with only @tmp inside of it. Then I did rm -r /volume1, and again poweroff.

After powering back on the data was still there, & the volume was healthy, so I did

and again a shutdown.

After powering back on, the data was still there, & volume was still healthy, from terminal I did rm -r /volume2 and a reboot.

Everything fine, volume is called volume1 again, & there is no volume2 anymore.

So... to summarize, it would appear that the name of the volume is just where the array (/dev/vg1000/lv) gets mounted.

I didn't have a lot of files on the volume & no unusual permissions, but they appear to have stayed intact throughout.

As long as your array is healthy then you shouldn't have any trouble:

restart

check that the data is on /volume1 again

rm -r /volume2

restart

Andrew

Thank you Andrew.

I have 4 2 TB disks, and they are in RAID 5.

I input those commands , but volume_1 cannot be found

I followed http://xpenology.com/wiki/en/building_xpenology

the menuconfig, modules, and bzimage worked (with minor warnings), but being a noob myself, I got, and stayed, stumped by Step3 where you apparently need to modify synobios.ko: either I haven't understood what to do, or the values he mentions to modify are no longer the same. I am still faffling around with this step.

I was building in a VM with the latest Ubuntu 64bit Server.

Andrew

• 2 weeks later...

hi,

i'm new to this forum, there is a version of nanoboot fully compatible with AMD AM1 platform and/or with the model "DS415+" instead of "DS3612xs"?

With the latest nanoboot my AMD AM1 platform was recognized as Intel core i3 (dual core) while is an AMD AM1 5350 (quad core).

Regards,

Alberto

hi,

i'm new to this forum, there is a version of nanoboot fully compatible with AMD AM1 platform and/or with the model "DS415+" instead of "DS3612xs"?

DS3612xs 12 drives are available instead of only 4.

With the latest nanoboot my AMD AM1 platform was recognized as Intel core i3 (dual core) while is an AMD AM1 5350 (quad core).

All 4 cores are recognized and used, but i3 and two cores are shown in the system info.

Regards,

Alberto