XPEnology Community

Trial of Nanoboot (4493) - 5.0.3.1

for those who have migrated to update 5 , can you enable web station ?

i face this "the operation failed. Please log in DSM again and retry" if i want to enable it , put R/O or R/W access to web folder for group http (permission which was gone same as the others i guess) does not help)

webstation was not enabled before the update so not sure if there is a relation

also , i would like to downgrade , my only path is return to PAT stock so 4493 , is anyone knows how i could manually update to update 4 ?

Thanks,

XT

Hi,

But my VM nanoboot still doesn't work in proxmox :sad:

I use proxmox 3.2 and I create my VM like that :

mini_435896proxmoxnanoboot.jpg

I try all nanoboot.img (converted to raw or qcow2) found on the web and as you can see the VM can load the beginning but stop after loading kernel................................

What could be wrong ? Can someone send me a fully functionnal raw or qcow2 image of nanoboot ? ? Please.....

Regards

Hi,

some news : I can launch the VM with nanoboot only when the KVM material virtualisation is disabled in proxmox, but then it's extremly slow...

To resume, in proxmox :

- gnoboot works perfectly :grin:

- nanoboot works, but slowly, when the KVM material virtualisation is disabled :cry:

- nanoboot stops booting when the KVM material virtualisation is enabled :mad:

So, what's the way to find the solution ? some materials differences between nanoboot and gnoboot ?

I'm going crazy :mrgreen:

Regards

i face this "the operation failed. Please log in DSM again and retry" if i want to enable it , put R/O or R/W access to web folder for group http (permission which was gone same as the others i guess) does not help)

also , i would like to downgrade , my only path is return to PAT stock so 4493 , is anyone knows how i could manually update to update 4 ?

Thanks,

XT

EDIT : downgraded successfully to 4493 "update 0" , i could immediatly enable web station , so now any guidance to migrate to update 4 would be appreciate :smile:

Thanks,

XT

EDIT : downgraded successfully to 4493 "update 0" , i could immediatly enable web station , so now any guidance to migrate to update 4 would be appreciate :smile:

You can get all of the minor updates from here: http://www.xpenology.nl/xpenology-software/

Just choose the one you want & apply in the normal way.

Hi,

I try all nanoboot.img (converted to raw or qcow2) found on the web and as you can see the VM can load the beginning but stop after loading kernel................................

What could be wrong ? Can someone send me a fully functionnal raw or qcow2 image of nanoboot ? ? Please.....

Regards

Hi,

some news : I can launch the VM with nanoboot only when the KVM material virtualisation is disabled in proxmox, but then it's extremly slow...

To resume, in proxmox :

- nanoboot works, but slowly, when the KVM material virtualisation is disabled :cry:

So, what's the way to find the solution ? some materials differences between nanoboot and gnoboot ?

Regards

I got EXACTLY the same pbs... with proxmox on N54L I guess I tried everything -> disable KVM virtualisation too (same results as yours !

I don't know what to do :mad:

Hm.. i did a copy the /lib/modules from gnoboot to nanoboot, but the same issue :sad:.. I would like to ha a mixture between gnoboot and nanoboot, or nanoboot with all drivers from gnoboot too..

Sent from my CloudMobile using Tapatalk

Eventually how i could see what .ko file is for this Synology Remote? Maybe i can try with insmod cmd...

hey

sorry for my bad english,

i'm in the same configuration, have you find any idee to use your synology remote?

thanks for help

Hi,

Regards

Hi,

To resume, in proxmox :

Regards

I got EXACTLY the same pbs... with proxmox on N54L I guess I tried everything -> disable KVM virtualisation too (same results as yours !

I don't know what to do :mad:

Hello guys, same problem here, if someone give us tips how to get nanoboot and proxmox working together!

Guys,

I've tried just about everything but can't seem to get it to work. I am using an old Viao laptop to test, asfter which I will go to a new dedicated board (Asrock).

I have put the 4493 image on a usb stick (downlaoded the correct 4493 pat file from synology i.e. the main, not the update 1-5),

started the laptop,

started synology assistant on a different laptop.

it shows the new Viao Synology (Saio) as migratable.

double clicked it,

go to the web assisstant.

downloaded the 4493 pat file,

uploaded it to the Saio.

system reboots,

however it remains in migratable, and can't get past that. any help?

Hm.. i did a copy the /lib/modules from gnoboot to nanoboot, but the same issue :sad:.. I would like to ha a mixture between gnoboot and nanoboot, or nanoboot with all drivers from gnoboot too..

Eventually how i could see what .ko file is for this Synology Remote? Maybe i can try with insmod cmd...

hey

sorry for my bad english,

i'm in the same configuration, have you find any idee to use your synology remote?

thanks for help

Ok, with Nanoboot 5.0.3.2 is Ok :smile:.

bump.

any ideas on the migratable issue which pertains?

Guys,

I've tried just about everything but can't seem to get it to work. I am using an old Viao laptop to test, asfter which I will go to a new dedicated board (Asrock).

I have put the 4493 image on a usb stick (downlaoded the correct 4493 pat file from synology i.e. the main, not the update 1-5),

started the laptop,

started synology assistant on a different laptop.

it shows the new Viao Synology (Saio) as migratable.

double clicked it,

go to the web assisstant.

downloaded the 4493 pat file,

uploaded it to the Saio.

system reboots,

however it remains in migratable, and can't get past that. any help?