XPEnology Community

Trial of Nanoboot (4493) - 5.0.3.1

Got it, thanks! I hate to keep asking so many questions, but like I said in my previous post on the last page, I really want to upgrade to DSM 5 so I dont have to worry about the SynoLocker exploit (I use the NAS remotely a lot). I've been on 4.3 for the better part of a year and everything's working great - I just want to protect myself against the exploit, since the NAS is always internet-facing.

I wrote 'Nano-Boot 5.0.3.2 DSM 5.0-4493 X64' to USB, and when booting, I can't get past "AMD Data Change...Update New Data to DMI!' - it never gets past that. Also, if I change the boot order, I get stuck on "Verifying DMI Data..." (I've tried different USB sticks). Regardless of which order, if I put my old DSM 4.3 stick back in, it boots completely fine. I'm sure I'm missing something really simple here, I just need help getting pointed in the right direction.

Again, this is an effort to update from 4.3-XXXX to 5.0-XXXX. Any help would be appreciated! :smile:

one more question, my photo station has stopped working from outside my home network. Anyone has any clue about that? I have defined public port 80 to go to my server's port 5000, public port 443 to go to 5001 (for https) but for some reason I just cannot access the photo station from outside. It just says the page you are looking for is not found. Any ideas?

Cheers

Anyone?

Try using different ports to standard webui ones.

Hi,

thinks for the suggestion but I figured it out. The issue is that photostation does not work on HTTPS for some odd reason. It only works on HTTP. Because I am enforcing the DSM to work on HTTPS, the photo station was not working. As soon as I removed the S (or just use HTTP instead), it worked. Dont know why it does not work on HTTPS. but as long as its working on HTTP instead, I am fine with it.

Is it possible to change the Model to a "DS411+" with nanoboot, as my Hardware (HP X312) is almost the same?

Asking, cause I have trouble with some repos, not installing the correct platform package.

If someone does know how to do that it would be great.

Regards

Vlaves

Please, is no one here who knows how to do that? Thanks again for all the great support here :smile:

I ggogled everything, but didn't found a solution.

Regards

Vlaves

I wrote 'Nano-Boot 5.0.3.2 DSM 5.0-4493 X64' to USB, and when booting, I can't get past "AMD Data Change...Update New Data to DMI!' - it never gets past that. Also, if I change the boot order, I get stuck on "Verifying DMI Data..." (I've tried different USB sticks). Regardless of which order, if I put my old DSM 4.3 stick back in, it boots completely fine. I'm sure I'm missing something really simple here, I just need help getting pointed in the right direction.

You can try these:

- Enter the BIOS by pressing DEL and load Optimised BIOS Defaults.

- Reset CMOS (see motherboard manual) and do first option.

This didn't work :sad: Same exact problem. Even after optimizing BIOS and resetting CMOS, I get the same thing, it just hangs on Verifying DMI Pool Data. I'm starting to wonder if its a motherboard incompatibility issue (Gigabyte MA 785GMT-UD2H), because again, when I reboot with my old 4.3 stick, it works fine. Any other ideas, or should I try to give it a go with gnoboot (or switch over to a different platform entirely.. which I really don't want to do - I love Xpenology).

Any last ditch ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated!

Hi,

i have XPEnology DMS 5 4493 Update 4. I have also a Synology Remote for Audio Station, but it doesn't work. Need some additional drivers in NanoBoot? I think the remote is like a keyboard now (the stop is NumLock, etc).

Thanks.

LE: Hm, with GnoBoot its OK.. Maybe its a driver issue? If yes, how i could port GnoBoot drivers in nanoboot? :smile:

Hm.. i did a copy the /lib/modules from gnoboot to nanoboot, but the same issue :sad:.. I would like to ha a mixture between gnoboot and nanoboot, or nanoboot with all drivers from gnoboot too..

I would love to know this too. It would be nice to have bluetooth audio working with nanoboot. I've not tested yet but see nothing about bluetooth USB support in this thread.

Guys, It fails at the formating section

Nanoboot boots and it is detected by the DSAssistant but it stops during the install after the SYSTEM Formating.

It says about network issue and tells me to port forward on the routeur... but i am only doing this locally...

What is the trick here? I juse to have 4.3 running ok...

Got it, thanks! I hate to keep asking so many questions, but like I said in my previous post on the last page, I really want to upgrade to DSM 5 so I dont have to worry about the SynoLocker exploit (I use the NAS remotely a lot). I've been on 4.3 for the better part of a year and everything's working great - I just want to protect myself against the exploit, since the NAS is always internet-facing.

Again, this is an effort to update from 4.3-XXXX to 5.0-XXXX. Any help would be appreciated! :smile:

I just wanted to follow up with this. In a last ditch effort I used Rufus to write the image to USB as opposed to Win32DiskImager and everything went fine without a hitch. Just wanted to post and let anyone else who may run into the same problem as I did - Use Rufus over Win32DiskImager :grin:

Hm.. i did a copy the /lib/modules from gnoboot to nanoboot, but the same issue :sad:.. I would like to ha a mixture between gnoboot and nanoboot, or nanoboot with all drivers from gnoboot too..

Sent from my CloudMobile using Tapatalk

Eventually how i could see what .ko file is for this Synology Remote? Maybe i can try with insmod cmd...

I receive this message after upgrade to 5

The system has detected an abnormality on DiskStation. In order to protect your data, all volumes have been unmounted. Please contact the Synology support team for further assistance.

What should I have to do to remount my volume? Anyone knows?

Fernando

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

something went wrong with that upgrade (native on proliant N54L) ,i believe i lost everything after second reboot post upgrade : all disks were shown as initialized ... a reboot has fixed that but i lost permissions for my account (so fixed on reapply them) , got a message saying that USB has been not properly ejected ...

i DO NOT recommend that upgrade until experts give their insights

i fear to try to downgrade to earlier version :sad:

something went wrong with that upgrade (native on proliant N54L) ,i believe i lost everything after second reboot post upgrade : all disks were shown as initialized ... a reboot has fixed that but i lost permissions for my account (so fixed on reapply them) , got a message saying that USB has been not properly ejected ...

i DO NOT recommend that upgrade until experts give their insights

i fear to try to downgrade to earlier version :sad:

Here the same on a N40l Native.. After reboot I got everything back.. but indeed the user permissions where gone.. no further problems now! will reboot tomorrow to check if settings will stick.