XPEnology Community

Trial of Nanoboot (4493) - 5.0.3.1

The nanoboot.tk domain has been recovered, I don't know what happened, did not even received an e-mail. The new domain name is nanoboot.eu.org

The Nanoboot 5.0.3.2 just a small upadte.

1. update ar8171 driver, solve the problem does not show traffic.

2. add usb sound card drivers, you can now install and run the shairport.spk file.

If you want to compile the kernel, there is the source, looking forward to your work.

https://github.com/liwei/xpenology-3.x

Im having trouble to get my USB ports to work. Maybe some of you know how to fix it. I have a ASRock H77M-ITX motherboard, with 4 onboard SATA ports. I have a 8 port LSI SAS card, hook up to most of my hard drives. It's a native install, with Nanoboot loaded from a USB drive.

So far, My xpenology install can't recognize any USB disk, or USB sound card.

in /etc/synoinfo.conf file:

maxdisks="16"

esataportcfg="0xff000"

internalportcfg="0x3fffff"

usbportcfg="0xf00000" ## ( tried "0x1FC0", still didn't work ).

Sancome,

Is it possible to update Nanoboot in order to display real CPU informations (CPU type, max threads, temperature,...) in the DSM Control Panel?

Also, do you think its possible to preset the CPU governor to "conservative" or "ondemand" in order to have CPU frequency set at minimum in idle and increasing depending the CPU load?

Many thanks in advance!

Hello,

xpenology works on proxmox 3.2

RAM ... 512MB

CPU ... 1 (KVM64)

Disk ... ide0 1GB (were the Nanoboot is installed)

Disk ... ide1 100GB (were the Data is stored)

Network ... net0 (e1000)

then boot from ide0

this works for me a long time now.

Thanks for your config. The problem in my config was that the data disk was 4GB, that is too small and gives the described error.

In Esxi I was succesfully using 4GB as 'data', and additional attaching a larger data store device or NFS mount. Increasing the size (e.g. 5GB instead of 4GB) solves the installation problem.

Best wishes!

Worked with my 4-5 years old board, Cthim ITX M4S2GAP, running with Atom N270 1.6Ghz, 945GSE + ICH7, 1GB RAM, dual Realtek 8111C Giga Lan.

Had to use x86 (214play) version of this 32bit processor, and forget about in use of the CF card slot. Must use USB key to boot.

Only one of the LAN ports works. I guess it's the limited nature of the 214play.

This is my first time to actually make the use of Xpenology box w/o using esxi.

Hello all

There are two interfaces, i need to replace name

- eth0 to eth1

- eth1 to eth0

Tried to bind to in sysconfig Mac address, that is work CentOS/Rhel

rename ifcfg-eth0 to 1 and again 1to 0

Nothing helps, the external network pci-e persistently takes eth0.

Please help, Senks.

Is it possible to change the Model to a "DS411+" with nanoboot, as my Hardware (HP X312) is almost the same?

Asking, cause I have trouble with some repos, not installing the correct platform package.

If someone does know how to do that it would be great.

Regards

Vlaves

The nanoboot.tk domain has been recovered, I don't know what happened, did not even received an e-mail. The new domain name is nanoboot.eu.org

The Nanoboot 5.0.3.2 just a small upadte.

1. update ar8171 driver, solve the problem does not show traffic.

2. add usb sound card drivers, you can now install and run the shairport.spk file.

If you want to compile the kernel, there is the source, looking forward to your work.

https://github.com/liwei/xpenology-3.x

Could you please use gnoboot drivers? the drivers in Nanoboot seems good but cause lots of problems - plex server won't start, wol won't work, iscsi not stable. I use Nanoboot to upgrade my HP Microserver N40L and have to bootup with gnoboot.

Is it possible to change the Model to a "DS411+" with nanoboot, as my Hardware (HP X312) is almost the same?

Asking, cause I have trouble with some repos, not installing the correct platform package.

If someone does know how to do that it would be great.

Regards

Vlaves

Does anyone know how to do that? Thanks agin for all the great support here :smile: