XPEnology Community

Trial of Nanoboot (4493) - 5.0.3.1

Yes! I have wrote those lines and did the upgrade several times for several colleagues :smile:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the confirmation.

One more question if I may, which PAT file do I use?

Looking at my old installation for 4.2 I used the DS3612 file, but I can't seem to locate the equivalent for version 5.

Use the DS3612xs pat file. All xpenology work is based mainly on that version.

Thanks again, and final question.....where can I get the pat file?

Looking on the Synology website I can't locate it.

No offense but if you guys can't figure out where to download the .pat file from the Synology website, you shouldn't try xpenology.

No offense taken.

I'm capable of locating the download section of the Synology website, I've spent time navigating the various available files to download but am unable to locate the file you kindly identified.

Yes recently on the official site confusing navigation system is made especially for us :smile: and as the company synology reads this I want to say that they are good fellows made a great product but let not worry that few people set themselves xpenology is no reason to do so. They can release for DSM such as PC MicroTik until it release others.

"Fixed" the problem file was a huge mkv movie.

It's working with normal h264 movies.

Another big and new problem is that I cannot start MariaDB, I get

Failed to start MariaDB with customized my.cnf, restart with default configuration

I've tried to edit my.cnf and to add # , but is not working.

I also tried to create http user, but is not possible.

See instructions here.

MariaDB it worked well in my Virtualbox installation and I never used MySQL on Synology, so there is no upgrade for any DB, but it's an upgrade from 4.3

hi sorry if i missed it in the thread...

I have just upgraded from gnoboot to nanobook (4493) on my n54l. I have a 5th HD drive in the cd-rom bay and have had the bios hack/upgrade working fine up until now.

During the upgrade to 4493 I chose the option to migrate settings etc and now I cannot access volume 2 (which is the 5th HD) any tips or advice or will I need to downgrade back to gnoboot?

Thanks

It depends on settings in synoinfo.cfg. I had a similar issue and got it managed by setting the following values:

SYNONAS> grep portcfg /etc/synoinfo.conf
esataportcfg="0x30"
usbportcfg="0x1fc0"
internalportcfg="0xf"
SYNONAS> grep portcfg /etc.defaults/synoinfo.conf
esataportcfg="0x30"
usbportcfg="0x1fc0"
internalportcfg="0xf"
SYNONAS>

The values are derived from a bitfield. eSata is plug'n play and ideal for my solution with a pluggable drive for backups of the NAS. If you want it being recognized as an internal drive, change the values for esataportcfg (0x20 or 0x10) and internalportcfg (0x1f or 0x2f). Check the forum for internalportcfg, there will be additional info available.

In addition ... the light in front of my server is blue again and no longer purple.

Good luck ... :smile:

Hi to all,

I use proxmox instead of esxi and nanoboot stop after loading /zImage.............................. :cry:

What could be the issue ? (gnoboot work well in proxmox)

Regards

nanoboot works with proxmox !!!

01.... create a new kvm machine with 1 cpu (kvm64) ... 512 mb ram ... 1 network card (e1000)

02.... copy the nanoboot image into the new created kvm folder (if the vm have the number 010, replace the *** in the next steps with 010)

03.... qemu-img convert -f raw -O qcow2 /var/lib/vz/images/***/NanoBoot-5.0.2.4-fat.img /var/lib/vz/images/***/vm-***-disk-1.qcow2

04.... mount the vm-***disk-1.qcow2 as ide0 disk and boot from this disk

05.... create a new disk vm-***disk-2.qcow2 (ide1) as data disk

06.... start the vm

regards

According the install in Proxmox (as alternative to Esxi):

Nanoboot 5.0.3.1 boots up, correctly in Synology Assistant/DHCP, but during installation of the .pat: there is no harddisk found. So it fails in step 2 to format/partition the disk.

Any hints or other people already solved this problem? Proxmox VE 3.2, 5.0.3.1, 4493.

Neither ide, sata, virtio, ... work.

Btw, works flawless under Esxi 5.5 free, but wanted to shift over to Proxmox.

Best wishes!

When you choose the second boot option (install), press tab. Now you can edit the line. At the end of the line add the following:

rmmod=ata_piix

What this does is disable IDE devices.

Complete line should look something like this:

zImage ihd_num=0 netif_num=1 syno_hw_version=DS3612xs sn=B3J4N01003 vid=0x0EA0 pid=0×2168 loglevel=0 vga=0×305 upgrade=5.0-4482 rmmod=ata_piix

Many thanks for the hint! Unfortunately now I end up in error code 38, same 2nd step in disk manager install. Looks like some conflict in HDD drivers, something wired in my proxmox install (btw, fresh install, xpenology is the first VM).

Maybe somebody running xpenology on proxmox 3.2 can give me a short summarize on working config? ide/virtio/...

I followed the other threads here, but this gave no real success, ending up on the same step.

Thanks to all and best wishes!

When you choose the second boot option (install), press tab. Now you can edit the line. At the end of the line add the following:

rmmod=ata_piix

What this does is disable IDE devices.

Complete line should look something like this:

zImage ihd_num=0 netif_num=1 syno_hw_version=DS3612xs sn=B3J4N01003 vid=0x0EA0 pid=0×2168 loglevel=0 vga=0×305 upgrade=5.0-4482 rmmod=ata_piix

Many thanks for the hint! Unfortunately now I end up in error code 38, same 2nd step in disk manager install. Looks like some conflict in HDD drivers, something wired in my proxmox install (btw, fresh install, xpenology is the first VM).

Maybe somebody running xpenology on proxmox 3.2 can give me a short summarize on working config? ide/virtio/...

I followed the other threads here, but this gave no real success, ending up on the same step.

Thanks to all and best wishes!

Hello,

xpenology works on proxmox 3.2

RAM ... 512MB

CPU ... 1 (KVM64)

Disk ... ide0 1GB (were the Nanoboot is installed)

Disk ... ide1 100GB (were the Data is stored)

Network ... net0 (e1000)

then boot from ide0

this works for me a long time now.