XPEnology Community

Trial of Nanoboot (4493) - 5.0.3.1

can I exchange the usb with another usb with a fresh 5,0,3,1 and try ?

or can I install a fresh install of the 5.0.3.1 and a fresh install of pat file?

I've done a few re-installs of the VM as using ESXi and not lost any data yet, appears to recognise the fact that the volumes are already synology disks, but YMMV.

did an fresh install and the files were still there but still cant expand the volume with the last disk but it is initialized

I am going crazy. and I have no where to backup my data and start over with 5 drives in a new volume :sad: please help

found this guide but I don't want to lose the data. and Linux is not my strong suit. butt do you think it will work? link below of the guide

http://blog.azib.net/2013/12/how-i-upgr ... as-to.html

HI Werter,

I have some issue (the 5th disk is initialized but I can't expand the volume), have you find a solution ?

Thanks,

The SSH and task methods are not working for me.

My current version is DSM 5.0-4493 Update 2

I have downloaded DSM 5.0-4493 Update 3, to my local PC

I launch the manual update through the DSM Web GUI... "Transferring data...".

I stop at the "Do you want to continue" dialog box

SSH, log in as root, type in:

sed 's/flashupdateDeb/flashupdateDeb1/' /autoupd@te.info > /autoupd@te.info1
mv /autoupd@te.info1 /autoupd@te.info

Hit enter in SSH, and this is displayed:

putty.png

...directory issue ?

In any case, going forward with the update fails with a temp directory does not exist message... Help...

The SSH and task methods are not working for me.

My current version is DSM 5.0-4493 Update 2

I have downloaded DSM 5.0-4493 Update 3, to my local PC

I launch the manual update through the DSM Web GUI... "Transferring data...".

I stop at the "Do you want to continue" dialog box

SSH, log in as root, type in:

sed 's/flashupdateDeb/flashupdateDeb1/' /autoupd@te.info > /autoupd@te.info1
mv /autoupd@te.info1 /autoupd@te.info

Hit enter in SSH, and this is displayed:

putty.png

...directory issue ?

In any case, going forward with the update fails with a temp directory does not exist message... Help...

...Have you tried building a task via DSM GUI and using the command string inside the task?

I had a couple of failed attempts sometime back and discovered the error to be mine because of a sequencing issue. The task removed the SSH requirement

Quick question, I run DSM5 on my HP N36L and I bought an Asrock Q1900-ITX motherboard. Can I just plugin the usb stick and harddrives into that board and migrate like that? Or is an reinstall recommended?

Mate, just migrate your hard-drives and you'll be ok

hi sorry if i missed it in the thread...

I have just upgraded from gnoboot to nanobook (4493) on my n54l. I have a 5th HD drive in the cd-rom bay and have had the bios hack/upgrade working fine up until now.

During the upgrade to 4493 I chose the option to migrate settings etc and now I cannot access volume 2 (which is the 5th HD) any tips or advice or will I need to downgrade back to gnoboot?

Thanks

What do you mean by "you don't need it"? I wonder if this fonctionnality works or not, not your point of view about it.

Well the SSDs are welcome when you have more than 12HDDs or lots of users accessing that NAS. Bloody hell! You actually don't need SATA III if you have only HDDs.

SSDs are used for caching files in transfer. For a home NAS you don't need to spend 200$ for something you like but don't use :smile:

Cheers

hi all... I've just update my N54L to DSM5 - 4493 - update 3 with Nanoboot.

Actually, I can't see my 5th SATA Hard Drive, connected on the CDROM Drive, is there an issue with this? I would like to mount my 5th hard drive to the other 4, to make a volume with 5x3TB hard drive.

I have updated the BIOS, and have all the settings right on it.

Is it possibile?

thank you very much

Actually, I can't see my 5th SATA Hard Drive, connected on the CDROM Drive, is there an issue with this? I would like to mount my 5th hard drive to the other 4, to make a volume with 5x3TB hard drive.

Is it possibile?

thank you very much

I also have N54L, but I can't used nanoboot 5.0.3.1 which I can't use DSM5-4493, only can run 5.0.2.4+5-4482.....

you use EXsi? or just nanoboot directly? Due to Synolocker, I wish get the latest version of DSM.....

Please help.

Is it possibile?

thank you very much

I also have N54L, but I can't used nanoboot 5.0.3.1 which I can't use DSM5-4493, only can run 5.0.2.4+5-4482.....

you use EXsi? or just nanoboot directly? Due to Synolocker, I wish get the latest version of DSM.....

Please help.

Hi...

I used nanoboot directly without EXsi :wink: how come you cant use the nanoboot 5.0.3.1 ?

I keep getting this error message when Nanoboot tries to initialize the NIC:

"Error internal NIC devices 2 does not equal to internal NIC number 4"

y point me in the right direction? Thanks.

:?:

To answer myself (ashamed :oops: ) the error has (in my case) no effect on network connectivity. I was able to find my 'NAS' and install the software.

If you can't find your NAS, your problem might be due to something else.

Is it possibile?

thank you very much

Please help.

Hi...

I used nanoboot directly without EXsi :wink: how come you cant use the nanoboot 5.0.3.1 ?

Really? I got error message when booting up from nanoboot (before installing). when installing, it just stopped half way with an error....

Where you get your 4493 PAT file?? I am using the one directly from Synology site.

Yes! I have wrote those lines and did the upgrade several times for several colleagues :smile:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the confirmation.

One more question if I may, which PAT file do I use?

Looking at my old installation for 4.2 I used the DS3612 file, but I can't seem to locate the equivalent for version 5.

For any one with this issue, I just used the GNOBoot drive and the 5th SATA hard drive worked again.

I also use nanoboot with the same issues, it maybe be your answer also http://terfmop.co.uk/blog/2013/07/31/allow-hot-plug-sata-and-5th-sata-port-full-speed-on-hp-n54l-proliant-microserver/

I found the answer (eventually) by using the BIOS mentioned in the comments section here -http://www.xpenology.nl/hp-n40l-n54l-bios-modificatie/#comments (http://www.share-online.biz/dl/CQTJ55XMZ4DY/free/) and then adjusting the settings to the same as mentioned above at - http://terfmop.co.uk/blog/2013/07/31/allow-hot-plug-sata-and-5th-sata-port-full-speed-on-hp-n54l-proliant-microserver/

Yes! I have wrote those lines and did the upgrade several times for several colleagues :smile:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the confirmation.

One more question if I may, which PAT file do I use?

Looking at my old installation for 4.2 I used the DS3612 file, but I can't seem to locate the equivalent for version 5.

Use the DS3612xs pat file. All xpenology work is based mainly on that version.