XPEnology Community

Trial of Nanoboot (4493) - 5.0.3.1

I posted in the main forum, but perhaps its best here ?

I Can't see USB speakers on N54L since changing to nanoboot ( in audio station )

Anyone have any idea why ?

Regards.

Does anyone able to get N54L to install nanoboot 5.0.3.1 along with 4493?

I tried to use 5.0.3.1-vfat with 4493, but i failed.

I only can install 5.0.2.4-vfat with 4482.

How should I get upgrade to new version? honestly 5.0.2.4 + 4482 works ok.... but I want to upgrade to 4493 which needed 5.0.3.1..... anyone can help or share their cases?

Anyone got issues with data scrubbing? Mine would not complete it just hangs there (console not blinking and not responding)

I think I got a similar issue where I wanted to expand (adding 1 more HDD), it just hang also until it wouldn't recover I had to restart.

I've got DSM 5.0 4493 update 2 with 6 HDDs

Q6600 P5KPL-VM 2GB memory 6xHDDs

Sil3134 RAID card

Dear all,

Since I have upgraded from Gnoboot to Nanoboot and upgraded the DSM, the CPU name is not correct in the system information page.

Indeed, I have an Intel Core i5 and it is displayed an Intel Core i3 (I think the CPU of the DS3612xs).

The i5 well recognition is confirmed by typing the command:

cat /proc/cpuinfo

I think the CPU temperature is also incorrect because in idle and load, it's the same.

I have changed the CPU governor to "conservative" to optimize the CPU power consumption by using the ipkg packet cpu-freq and the temperature is still the same (40°C)

Is there a way to correct this?

Many thanks in advance!

Dear all,

Since I have upgraded from Gnoboot to Nanoboot and upgraded the DSM, the CPU name is not correct in the system information page.

Indeed, I have an Intel Core i5 and it is displayed an Intel Core i3 (I think the CPU of the DS3612xs).

The i5 well recognition is confirmed by typing the command:

cat /proc/cpuinfo

I think the CPU temperature is also incorrect because in idle and load, it's the same.

I have changed the CPU governor to "conservative" to optimize the CPU power consumption by using the ipkg packet cpu-freq and the temperature is still the same (40°C)

Is there a way to correct this?

Many thanks in advance!

I have an i7 3,2 ghz butt sown as an i3 3,2ghz.

would like to know to if there is something I can do to make it show the right cpu

I've got a failed update message saying that the update file is probably corrupt.

demon_sl >> do you have used the update script?

Edit: update seems to be fine by using the script.

Updated manually, did not try even through automatic update. Normal flight!

Instructions for beginners.

1 I've found this Loading synology_bromolow_3612xs.pat

2 Go to the web interface -> Control Panel -> Update and Restore -> DSM Update manually ---> point to a file downloaded and click OK, but then do not press update read carefully This will bring

3 For those who do not know, open a second web interface, go to Control Panel -> Scheduler -> Create -> user-defined script and copy it to the Run command following items:

sed 's/flashupdateDeb/flashupdateDeb1/' /autoupd@te.info > /autoupd@te.info1
mv /autoupd@te.info1 /autoupd@te.info

4 Save the script and run the selected button.

5 Back in the first web interface and click the Refresh button, or whatever I do not remember ...

After that, reboot DS.

I apologize in advance if made ​​grammatical errors

Or for advanced users :smile: :

download update via GUI, connect to xpenology via shh and write:

logout shh and continue update via DSM GUI.

When I run:

DiskStation> sed 's/flashupdateDeb/flashupdateDeb1/' /autoupd@te.info > /autoupd@te.info1

I get the following error:

sed: /autoupd@te.info: No such file or directory

But when I run the command: dir

It shows:

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 Jul 24 14:41 autoupd@te.info1

Seems to me the directory is there?!

I don't understand Linux and/or Unix, so what am I doing wrong. It used to work in the past though?

What should I do now? So I can install the update correctly. Thank you in advance.

//edit

Nevermind!!

...I am an idiot. Forgot to click one step ahead during upload. I guess it has to upload the update first, before you can run the command(s). My bad.

Sorry about this. Never to old to learn, I guess.... :wink:

Hi folks!

I'm totally new here. I've managed to build a working NAS with 4.3-3827 Update 5 and it works fine.

Now I'm trying to get this version to work and I have an issue. Setup and update is fine, I have one drive for an internal volume.

I configured the other Sata ports to be eSata. In File Station I see Satashare1-1 and 4 more shares and I can copy from/to them,

but when I try to copy a file into any share via LAN, operation fails - like some permission error. I, however, can delete files as well as open them.

Any idea?

Thanks!

I've got a failed update message saying that the update file is probably corrupt.

demon_sl >> do you have used the update script?

Edit: update seems to be fine by using the script.

Updated manually, did not try even through automatic update. Normal flight!

Instructions for beginners.

1 I've found this Loading synology_bromolow_3612xs.pat

2 Go to the web interface -> Control Panel -> Update and Restore -> DSM Update manually ---> point to a file downloaded and click OK, but then do not press update read carefully This will bring

3 For those who do not know, open a second web interface, go to Control Panel -> Scheduler -> Create -> user-defined script and copy it to the Run command following items:

4 Save the script and run the selected button.

5 Back in the first web interface and click the Refresh button, or whatever I do not remember ...

After that, reboot DS.

I apologize in advance if made ​​grammatical errors

Worked like a dream pal, great instructions!

Not sure where to post this question/comment due to land fill design of this forum but here it is:

Followed the very clear instructions at http://www.xpenology.nl/vmware-workstation/ <-excellent work, thank you

Created my VM and now would like to add storage/HDD.

What is the "best practice" or at least what have other users preferred for allocating more capacity?

Raw Disk mapping or other options? I have limited space in my VM Host rig.

Cheers

MF

**Never mind** went with Ready, Shoot Aim....RAW disks mapped and in use

Edited by Guest

Anyone got issues with data scrubbing? Mine would not complete it just hangs there (console not blinking and not responding)

I think I got a similar issue where I wanted to expand (adding 1 more HDD), it just hang also until it wouldn't recover I had to restart.

I've got DSM 5.0 4493 update 2 with 6 HDDs

Q6600 P5KPL-VM 2GB memory 6xHDDs

Sil3134 RAID card

Seems my culprit is the PCI Sil3124... I've replaced it with LSI 9211-8i and its working fine now.

I've done two scrubs and it did not hang

Hello all,

I keep getting this error message when Nanoboot tries to initialize the NIC:

"Error internal NIC devices 2 does not equal to internal NIC number 4"

I found a post that recommended changing the netifw flag. I do have a value that looked a lot like it, but changing it (everywhere) did not make a difference (regardless if I did 1, 2 or 4). The installation is on-iron (so no virtuals). I also saw the same problem in the Chinese forum (I could recognize the error) but there were no replies there either.

Can anybody point me in the right direction? Thanks.

:?:

Hi!

Do you guys use e-sata? I've tried Nanoboot on several machines and I always have this issue. I can map shares, can open and delete files but I can't copy over files to shares hosted on e-sata drives. Usbshare and volumes are OK. I only modify internalportcfg (0x1) and esataportcfg (0x3e) with vi in synoinfo.conf in both etc and etc.defaults folders by putty. With DSM 4.3 e-sata works fine.

Tried with Gigabyte, Asus, Asrock mobos, all UEFI.

Did I miss something to configure?

Thanks,

ampie