XPEnology Community

Trial of Nanoboot (4493) - 5.0.3.1

Hello all,

I recently updated from gnoboot to latest nanoboot with DSM 4493 but I noticed a decrease of my network speed.

Before update a copy from my HP N40L was 120MBs approx and now 70-75MBs :sad:

Any idea ?

It's not critical but annoying.

Thanks guys.

I was running 4.2 and noticed 5.0 to be a little bit faster. Overall, however, my network copy speeds SUCK on ESXi 5.1U1. I know it's EXSi but can't figure out how to fix it. I'd love to get 70+ MB/s. My hunch is ESXi's implementation of the network drivers for my MB are really bad. It's one of those Haswell Intel chips (can't remember which one). Although that doesn't explain why VM to VM transfers are so SLOW. :sad:

Below are my avg. transfer rates when moving a 1GB file.

Win 7 VM to Xpenology VM - 13MB/s

Win 8 VM to Xpenology VM - 14MB/s

Xpenology VM to Win 7 VM - 30MB/s

Xpenology VM to Win 8 VM - 32MB/s

Win 7 VM to Win 8 VM - 25MB/s

Win 8 VM to Win 7 VM - 40MB/s

Win 7 VM to Server 2003 VM (Windows Home Server) - 28MB/s

Win 8 VM to WHS - 29MB/s

Compared to my old setup of physical servers:

Win 7 to WHS - 80MB/s

WHS to Win 7 - 85MB/s

I did the update from 4493 to update 1 directly from the syno interface without ssh command :geek:

It's a new feature of nanoboot ? It's cool :cool:

So you're telling me we can just use the update in the control panel now... ?

I do it yesterday, I don't know if it's a new supported feature of nanoboot but it work :cool:

When i boot my two HP54l with Nanobot 5.0.3.1 migrated from Xpenology 4.3

there is on both Systems the Message on Console like :

Partition Layout is not Diskstation Style

NOT EXECUTE e2fsck

Is that normal or how can i fix that ??

It seems for me it also takes much longer until I can logon to the DSM 5....

After Login with Name and Password, i receive the info:

System will be prepared. Login later....

After a while i can login normaly. Please help me.

Thanks for all the work you have done on this amazing project. Few Questions:

1. Any way to add the Brocade 1020 10GbE Card Driver? I thought I saw it listed before I purchased it but it does not show any additional interfaces after plugging it in.

Here is the link for the driver: http://driverdownloads.qlogic.com/QLogicDriverDownloads_UI/ShowEula.aspx?resourceid=29908&docid=87834&ProductCategory=322&Product=1214&Os=65

2. Is there way to add drivers easily to nanoboot?

3. Is there source for the entire Nanoboot build? If so I might be able to add the driver myself.

4. Also I am trying to do SSD Caching (RAID 1 - Read/Write Cache). It detects my SSDs but when I go to add them as SSD cache to my RAID 10 (8 x 4TB) it says the volume has crashed. I have tested the HDDs to ensure they are not bad. They are Corsair Force GT 120GBx2 SSDs with the latest firmware. I realize they are not on the compatibility list but they support TRIM in RAID0 (tested before). Any ideas about why this doesn't work?

5. What is a compatible SATA 6-12 port PCI-E Adapter Card to add to the system?

Hi,

I updated my HPN54 from gnoboot 4458 to nanoboot 4493 and I can't see anymore my M2TECH HiFace 2 peripheral, used to send digital signal from USB port to my AV amplifier.

Does anybody experience the same problem please ?

I read somewhere else that nanoboot has not as many driver as gnoboot included, could it be an explanation ?

I've also read someone switched from nanoboot usb key to previous gnoboot usb key after 4493 install and it worked well like this. Any opinion on that ?

Broadcom 57XX Gigabit Controller Driver

One of my test systems has a broadcom card that I am 90% sure falls into this range, and it was recognized.

the broadcom Netextreme II 10 gig adapter (57710) DOES NOT work, even though it attempts to load the driver.

Silicon Image 3114 Controller (think it uses the same driver as an SI card that I tested.)

The good news here is that you can easily pull your existing HDD drives and your existing boot stick, and try it out. No risk at all.

Broadcom 57XX Gigabit Controller Driver

One of my test systems has a broadcom card that I am 90% sure falls into this range, and it was recognized.

the broadcom Netextreme II 10 gig adapter (57710) DOES NOT work, even though it attempts to load the driver.

Silicon Image 3114 Controller (think it uses the same driver as an SI card that I tested.)

The good news here is that you can easily pull your existing HDD drives and your existing boot stick, and try it out. No risk at all.

I already attempted booting to Nanoboot using migrate/upgrade option, however it doesn't look like the NIC ever initializes. I just get to the DiskStation> login and do not know the default user/pass to further investigate.