XPEnology Community

Trial of Nanoboot (4493) - 5.0.3.1

Hello, it's possible to have a bootable iso of 5.0.2.4 ? (to load into my IPMI virtual boot drive)

Thanks.

See http://www.xpenology.nl/boot-images/.

Hello, it's possible to have a bootable iso of 5.0.2.4 ? (to load into my IPMI virtual boot drive)

Thanks.

http://xpenology.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1967&p=9475#p9475

cheers

Many thanks for your links ! :smile:

hello,

i use sancome nanoboot 5.0.2.4 (dsm 4482 original) with hp n54l, i can't solve my problem :roll: with wol, my mac address is same on bios and dsm, wol is activated on bios, if anyone have idea ?

thanks

Me too, only nanoboot WOL not working.

i find one way to recover wol, make an another bootable key with gnoboot 10.5 and replace it key with nanoboot, wol and wow is working great :wink: but nanoboot is much faster.

I've been combing thru the updates, but still haven't worked out how to change the MAC address. Setup is

ESXi 5.5

Nanoboot 5.0.2.4

DSM 5.0 -

I managed to update the Serial number via modifying the original syslinux.cfg - vimage update ... However i can't figure out what the

syntax is to change the MAC in the same way.

No USB share via ESX - so don't have the vender file.

Searched for the grub.conf file, once again with nanoboot it doesn't exist either in the VMDK.

Would love for advice on how to get it changed?

Cheers,

I've been combing thru the updates, but still haven't worked out how to change the MAC address. Setup is

ESXi 5.5

Nanoboot 5.0.2.4

DSM 5.0 -

I managed to update the Serial number via modifying the original syslinux.cfg - vimage update ... However i can't figure out what the

syntax is to change the MAC in the same way.

No USB share via ESX - so don't have the vender file.

Searched for the grub.conf file, once again with nanoboot it doesn't exist either in the VMDK.

Would love for advice on how to get it changed?

Cheers,

Check one of my posts in this topc...

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3052&start=100

Hi to all,

I use proxmox instead of esxi and nanoboot stop after loading /zImage.............................. :cry:

What could be the issue ? (gnoboot work well in proxmox)

Regards

nanoboot works with proxmox !!!

01.... create a new kvm machine with 1 cpu (kvm64) ... 512 mb ram ... 1 network card (e1000)

02.... copy the nanoboot image into the new created kvm folder (if the vm have the number 010, replace the *** in the next steps with 010)

03.... qemu-img convert -f raw -O qcow2 /var/lib/vz/images/***/NanoBoot-5.0.2.4-fat.img /var/lib/vz/images/***/vm-***-disk-1.qcow2

04.... mount the vm-***disk-1.qcow2 as ide0 disk and boot from this disk

05.... create a new disk vm-***disk-2.qcow2 (ide1) as data disk

06.... start the vm

regards

Edited by Guest

Does nanoboot missing the Network Driver for Qualcomm® Atheros® Gigabit LAN ?

Yes... :sad:

I spent a lot of hours yesterday trying to compile alx.ko from backports by myself. The best result was: module insmoded and immediately crashed. It may be some incompatibility with the real kernel used or its config (I compiled module against official latest syno kernel with its official config). As for latest gnoboot - there alx.ko is present and works fine.

So we have to wait for next nanoboot releases. By the way does anyone know if this thread is a source for feedback and drivers requests for the nanoboot's author?

If so I'd like to ask the author for alx.ko backport in nanoboot. As for me I need this driver for second onboard NIC on gigabyte ga-h87n and ga-h87n-wifi. And it is the only one problem preventing me from migration to nanoboot on those two configurations (other two configurations do not have any problems - many thanks for lsi 9211 support).

Hi,

i tried to use a DVB-S2 stick (PCTV 460e) and a DVB-T stick (Cinergy XXS ) with actual Nanoboot and image for DS214play and DS3612xs but on both systems no DVB-sticks are able to use. Video Station and DVKLink are not able to find one of the sticks. I use a Asrock Q-1900 ITX Board.

I have another system, N54L with trantor stick and DSM 4.3 , there everything is fine. Both sticks are working.

Could it be that Nanoboot ist the Problem or may be the ITX Board with the Intel J1900 System?

regards

Christian

Hello All,

i´ve read in German Xpenolog Forum that someone got a Problem with migration from gnoboot to nanoboot with 6 HDDs.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3084&start=10

I have a DSM 5.0 4458 gnoboot 10.5 Installation running on a N54L, modified BIOS and used ESATA Port with 5 HDDs in a SHR Raid. May i become Problems with Nanoboot (Drivers, Capacity limited to 4 HDDs) or can i use the guide http://cyanlabs.co.uk/tutorials/synolog ... o-nanoboot without known problems?

Thanks

Awesome looks like that did the trick.

Nanoboot - change syslinux.conf file to udpate both Serial number and mac address..

You'll need to update the file, unmount it back to the original .img file and uploaded the 2 converted file (solarwind V2V image converter). It'll merge automatically to one ...

My change looks like this ...

kernel /zImage ihd_num=0 netif_num=4 syno_hw_version=DS3612xs mac1=3CDXXXXXXXXX sn=B1EXXXXXXX vid=0x0EA0 pid=0x2168 loglevel=7 vga=0x305 debug