XPEnology Community

Trial of Nanoboot (4493) - 5.0.3.1

Short question.

Background: I did an update with Nanoboot 5.0.2.2 yesterday directly from Trantors beta 5, very easy. Web-GUI said its migrateable and I chose Migration (keep files and most of the settings). I assume clean installation (keep your files) would have led to a swipe of the hard drives.

Uploaded original pat file and it works without additional adjustments. Maybe that helps some people.

Question: In the pic you'll see that the little one as a reminder of an update did not disappear. Upon checking, it says, latest version installed. Why doesnt the red 1 disappear?

a0c24e

i don't have that issue

Hi,

I have 2 LSI 9211 SAS cards and drives connected to SAS cards in nanoboot 5.0.2.2 are not being detect.

Check dmesg, and see if you're getting same errors in the pics I posted a few posts back.

Yes, I check the dmesg and I have the same exact errors.

On a side note, I tired using nanoboot 5.0.2.1 two days ago and I had the same exact errors on dmesg. It was able to detect the LSI cards but failed to mount because of name length problem.

ganoboot 10.5 and nanoboot 5.0.2.2 uses the same version of MTP2SAS version.

I am also willing to test Firmware.

Thank you

Good job sacome ! :smile:

Nanoboot is really fast boot :smile:

Unfortunaly on my Readynas pro whit migrate from gnoboot 5 to nanoboot don't work iscsi target ( is still "offline"); file station don't see any my shares, all shares is unavaliable so my nas is useless.

But nanoboot is very fast on the boot :smile: and sorry for new i return to gnoboot.

Is there a way to boot in to the "update" part? As I've said a page back I have no VGA lcd.

just press down twice and take a guess :smile: alternatively edit your .lst file in the img file to default to upgrade option then back to the normal boot option after installing. alternatively use 2 usb's

Is there a way to boot in to the "update" part? As I've said a page back I have no VGA lcd.

just press down twice and take a guess :smile: alternatively edit your .lst file in the img file to default to upgrade option then back to the normal boot option after installing. alternatively use 2 usb's

No .lst file in either the ing or if I burn it to a usb stick.

I have Boot(folder) zImage

Inside the boot\syslinux folder is .sys .c32 .com reboot.c32 synology.png syslinux.cfg version and vesamenu.c32

I am using NanoBoot-5.0.2.1-fat.img

Change boot option only edit syslinux.cfg file - on the beggining is line:

PROMPT 0

simple change 0 to 2 and nanoboot default booting in upgrade mode :smile:

No, my mistake is DEFAULT line, but I don't know to match about vesamenu.c32

I'm grub2 user, which is newer and has become standard boot manager, in contrast to the syslinux

Edited by Guest

Lol?

It's a Xeon E3 btw and not Core i3. I guess recognizing this in a VM is not so easy. And it's not important to me. Just out of curiosity.

That's just cosmetic stuff in DSM. If you check dmesg you'll see your real hardware. Mine says i7 3770T in dmesg, but i3 in DSM (same as in the picture).

Does that count for v-cores as well?

I assigned 2 cores to my VM but DSM is not showing them.

Are the 2 cores actually working right now?

yep:, same for vcores. I setup my VM with 4 cores, and DSM only reports a i3 w/ 2 cores (it's just cosmetic).

Lx361rZ.png

No .lst file in either the ing or if I burn it to a usb stick.

I have Boot(folder) zImage

Inside the boot\syslinux folder is .sys .c32 .com reboot.c32 synology.png syslinux.cfg version and vesamenu.c32

sorry usually its not using syslinux.cfg, edit that :smile:

@sancome

I upgraded succesfully my system from Gnoboot 4458u2 to Nanoboot 4482.

After the upgrade, I found all the users and shares as I had left them, with correct permission, etc. :grin:

Very excellent work!!!

I tried ssd cache, and like Gnoboot, it does not work... caches and volume crash during ssd cache creation...there is a chance to fix this?

Thanks!

ema

Synology SSD Cache is a read-only cache which optimizes data retrieval. To enable SSD Cache on a Synology NAS, two SSDs must be installed in the SSD Cache slots of the server. The SSDs should be of the same size, brand, and model, and must be listed on Synology’s official Hardware Compatibility List: http://www.synology.com/en-global/suppo ... l/DS3612xs

ssd-cache-synology.jpg

Can anybody confirm that they got any other brands of SSDs working as cache SSDs on Nanoboot+4482?

I

nside the boot\syslinux folder is .sys .c32 .com reboot.c32 synology.png syslinux.cfg version and vesamenu.c32

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I did what you said but it booted back in to gnoBoot.

I will wait for gnoBoot update. But thanks.

I
nside the boot\syslinux folder is .sys .c32 .com reboot.c32 synology.png syslinux.cfg version and vesamenu.c32

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I did what you said but it booted back in to gnoBoot.

I will wait for gnoBoot update. But thanks.

how wud it even boot to gnoboot if ur running gnoboot from the usb and and you then replaced gnoboot with nanoboot.

A few things I noticed since changing from GnoBoot to NanoBoot.

If anyone has some fixes I am willing to test.

1. Synology Assistant - Reporting : Status as not configured. <--- anyone know how to fix this its annoying the system is working 100% except that message :?:

2. System will not reboot. :twisted:

3. Home/s folder is inaccessible since migration. :?:

4. System performance seems a bit on the slow side, but maybe its just me. NOTE: startup is fast the webui is slow. :evil:

5. On NanoBoot startup there is a message : not a synology partition or something like that will confirm. :shock:

6. System Randomly Crashes / Becomes inaccessible. Forced reboot required. :evil:

7. Startup Note : Partition Layout is not DiskStation style . :?:

Edited by Guest

I had no issues. I can reboot. SA is reporting that the system is fully up and running. All folders accessible. And system performance is as far as I have tested still the same. I also went from Gnoboot 10.5 to Nanoboot 5.0.2.2. This is running on a N40L Microserver

I had no issues. I can reboot. SA is reporting that the system is fully up and running. All folders accessible. And system performance is as far as I have tested still the same. I also went from Gnoboot 10.5 to Nanoboot 5.0.2.2. This is running on a N40L Microserver

Im also running this on my test N40L., Just confirmed. swapped back my Gnoboot key and all is great again.

also from 10.5 - 5.0.2.2 am testing now to see what could have happened