XPEnology Community

Trial of Nanoboot (4493) - 5.0.3.1

Awesome mate!

Good work. :grin:

Change log (in English):

v5.0.2.2

[X64 & x86]

1) hard disk controller drivers are no longer integrated into the kernel, changed to a module loaded

2) increasing the Fusion MPT, LSI MegaRaid other related controller driver

3) increasing Marvell LAN Driver and other related

4) increase the Realtek r8101 (v1.025) and r8168 (v8.038) network card driver

5) increasing Realtek r8169_new (v6.018) network card driver is no longer integrated old r8169 NIC driver

6) to update Intel igb NIC driver (v5.0.6) version, support I350, I210/211 card, etc.

7) Intel e1000e NIC driver to update (v3.0.4) versions, such as the card supports I217/218

Added the 5.0.2.2 release to a few (non-Chinese) mirrors:

Zippyshare

Sendspace

Solid Files

UppIT

Mega File Upload

I don't want to ruin the party nor Sancome's awesome works but for now the fix to get DSM 5.0-4482 working is just a workaround.

Using old files (from 4458) is great (not very clean) but the protection is still here. Synology will make new updates and we can't use old files for ever...

We need something to fool the protection so no need to replace any system files.

Good work!

btw) How do I adjust the MACs? serial was just the parameter sn, but the macs.. ?

EDIT: Ha, probably mac1=x, mac2=x ?

Where did you find that?

I would like to know how to change the serial as well.

I think I searched the forums. Edit syslinux.cfg, and modify the sn parameter.

I don't want to ruin the party nor Sancome's awesome works but for now the fix to get DSM 5.0-4482 working is just a workaround.

Using old files (from 4458) is great (not very clean) but the protection is still here. Synology will make new updates and we can't use old files for ever...

We need something to fool the protection so no need to replace any system files.

Thanks for the heads up Trantor.

Btw are you planning to release (an ESXi) DSM 5.0 build xxxx?

I'm running your ESXi v1.2 release (DSM 4.3 build 3827) rock steady and loving it! :cool:

Edited by Guest

In http://xpenology.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2962&start=170#p17596 f.e. they said that unpatched pattern files are used. On wich stage they are using old 4458 files?

... they said that unpatched pattern files are used.

I'm using original Synology 4482 .pat file with Nanoboot 5.0.2.2 under ESXi 5.5 and it works.

Hi. Give me please nano boot VMDK file and little manual how to it use. Thank you.

In http://xpenology.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2962&start=170#p17596 f.e. they said that unpatched pattern files are used. On wich stage they are using old 4458 files?

Just read the changelog...

(google translate)

v5.0.2.1 
[x64 & x86] 
1, support the installation DSM 5.0-4482, please use the official pat files (thanks to @ Vortex published data) 
2, update Ramdisk to 5.0-4482 
3, the test is limited, carefully upgrade

Sancome thanks Vortex for this post : viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2962&start=130#p17364

So YES your are using the official pat file.

But nanoboot like gnoboot replace files (modules, scripts..) during boot process.

So unless sancome "break" the protection, he replaces the files mentionned by Vortex with the one from 5.0-4458 build.

Please Sancome can you confirm ?

Looks like nanoboot copies over the older files during the boot process. I just did a clean install using nanoboot and then checked the /usr/syno/synoman/webman/ folders and all the files copied during the boot have a datetime stamp of today and match the list of files described for the patch, whereas the original Synology one are stamped Apr 23.

Setch

Has anyone tried this on a N54L with gnoBoot already installed?

Has it kept all the folders I.E. video\Music ect

just replaced the usb, booted with the 4482 option, installed latest .pat from syno assistant and everything is saved

Just thought. I can't see what the N54L is doing as I've got no VGA anything.

I normally have two usb sticks. One which I boot off(default boot changed in config) and then the other as normal. Like this

to install you may edit the menu.lst like this:

default 1

timeout 0

fallback 0

On reboot during installation you may change this back to

default 0

timeout 0

fallback 0

I must get a small vga lcd soon.

Are there any performance improvements with using the x64 nanoboot or not really is it more hardware compatibility..?

gnoboot and trantor have always been x64, nanoboot x64 wud be the best to use, x86 was added to support older/slower hardware :smile: