XPEnology Community

Trial of Nanoboot (4493) - 5.0.3.1

I can confirm that after writing the nanoboot x64 to my previously used gnoboot flash drive, i booted and by using the boot menu "upgrade 4482" i was able to migrate my NAS to 5.0-4482)

My system was found as being "migrateable" and it was easy. Too easy.

Unfortunately i have lots of issues with DSM 5 and are not fixed with this upgrade. Apparently i need to do a fresh install.

Thanks for the positive confirm - but when you mention "issues with DSM5" do you mean you don't like DSM5 personally or is there something broken (by the upgrade etc).

Did the Gnoboot -> nanoboot upgrade preserve your shares?

@sancome

I upgraded succesfully my system from Gnoboot 4458u2 to Nanoboot 4482.

After the upgrade, I found all the users and shares as I had left them, with correct permission, etc. :grin:

Very excellent work!!!

I tried ssd cache, and like Gnoboot, it does not work... caches and volume crash during ssd cache creation...there is a chance to fix this?

Thanks!

ema

Just read your guide!

Seems to be the same way I installed gnoBoot on my ESXi box.

Can't seem to get the NanoBoot to work though. Looking forward to your guide!

Keep up the good work mate. Cheers

Got nanoboot working, just having some food then will finish up the guide :smile: have to admit it had some "qwerks" but i got it sorted in a round about way :smile:

58d04b

Expect guide to be avaliable in around 1-3 hours :smile:

Just read your guide!

Got nanoboot working, just having some food then will finish up the guide :smile: have to admit it had some "qwerks" but i got it sorted in a round about way :smile:

58d04b

That's what I call Customer Service! :grin::grin::grin:

Will check back in a few hours.

Thanks in advance!

btw: enjoy your dinner... :mrgreen:

Just read your guide!

58d04b

That's what I call Customer Service! :grin::grin::grin:

Will check back in a few hours.

Thanks in advance!

btw: enjoy your dinner... :mrgreen:

Hehe, it was magical, i refreshed the page then a little message "btw: enjoy your dinner..." appeared :smile:

Hehehe!

Just finished mine. Going to entertain the kids now.

Speak to you later. Cheers

Btw do you use multiple virtual sockets for XPEnology in ESXi?

Of multiple v-cores?

you meant this right?

6799cf

i use cores never experimented with v sockets though.

Im in the situation that i have a HP MediaSmart Server EX 490 with upgraded CPU. For those of you who don't know the box it's a small server holding up to 4 drives. It is born with Windows Home Server, but that software isn't for me, since I find it very resource heavy. There is no display port and therefore I'm not able to connect a monitor.

I managed to install the Xpenology DSM 4.2 build on it and it has been working great for a long time now, but the last couple of days the Resource monitor tells me that a task named LIBC5 is using 49% cpu (and there is 2 of them) so my fan is completely fucked.

Now for the question:

Is there a way to install DSM 5.0 (4482) with or without nanoboot/gnoboot when I'm not able to connect a monitor. For me it seems like the guides for both gnoboot and nanoboot requires a monitor. Anyone who could clarify this or perhaps have some idea's on how to install the DSM software?

Im in the situation that i have a HP MediaSmart Server EX 490 with upgraded CPU. For those of you who don't know the box it's a small server holding up to 4 drives. It is born with Windows Home Server, but that software isn't for me, since I find it very resource heavy. There is no display port and therefore I'm not able to connect a monitor.

I managed to install the Xpenology DSM 4.2 build on it and it has been working great for a long time now, but the last couple of days the Resource monitor tells me that a task named LIBC5 is using 49% cpu (and there is 2 of them) so my fan is completely fucked.

Now for the question:

Is there a way to install DSM 5.0 (4482) with or without nanoboot/gnoboot when I'm not able to connect a monitor. For me it seems like the guides for both gnoboot and nanoboot requires a monitor. Anyone who could clarify this or perhaps have some idea's on how to install the DSM software?

Essentially you could just press down and enter and guess the key combination :grin: or ofcourse the better idea is to use ESXi since that is managed remotely from another system, hence why many are using it with headless severs :smile: Either way i have guides on how to install gnoboot on both esxi and without and nanoboot, they technically require a monitor but it's essentially down enter or down down enter :smile: just look at the pictures :smile:, my tutorials can be found

Yes, he could have just sent you a PM instead...

But well... Never mind! :grin:

i believe it was for me atleast, it makes sense since he posted it in all the same places i did

Can we use any other PAT file or must be DSM_DS3612xs_4482.pat?

Possible to use DSM from other hardware, like DS412+ (DSM_DS412+_4482.pat) or DS413 (DSM_DS413_4482.pat) ?

Thank you,

Alex_G

Why? why would you even want to?