XPEnology Community

Requesting help converting .deb to .spk

SteveJ

Question

I'm running DSM 6.2 on a UBNT UniFi Application Server XG (UAS-XG) which is a SuperMicro X10SDV-4C-TLN2F  with a custom enclosure that includes an LED ring. So far, this box seems to be a fantastic hardware platform for XPEnology.

UBNT's "native" OS is Ubuntu 16.04.6 LTS and uses a package called "uas-led_0.0.1-4_amd64.deb" which turns the frantically blinking white LED ring into a more calm solid blue.

I overwrote the OS with a vanilla Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS, and was able to extract the uas-led package from the UBNT install ISO. Simply installing the pacakge via dpkg and starting the uas-led service is enough to turn the LED solid blue (which is how I want it).

Now that I have DSM 6.2 running on the UAS-XG, I'd love to figure out a way to convert that uas-led .deb package into a package that I can load in DSM. Hopefully that will also set the LED status to blue.

Is there a simple method of doing this? Or would someone with experience doing this be willing to build a .spk file based on this .deb package for me to test? I will gladly reference you in the UAS-XG specific how-to I'm working on.

I suspect that when word gets out that DSM runs so well on the UAS-XG, there will be a bunch more of us going the XPEnology route.

Thanks in advance!

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet