XPEnology Community

has anyone got dsm 6.2.2 barebone on the dell poweredge r710

djwayne1985

28 minutes ago, djwayne1985 said:

as title states has anyone got dsm 6.2.2-24922 barebone on the dell poweredge R710 i can give hardware info & firmware needed for onboard ethernet if not and someone can poss do the drivers and i can test to see if it works

Yes I got it working only with a dual intel nic, the on nic board will not work.  Also had to use the 3615xs loader for this to work on a R710.  works great! 

Edited by painkiller895

3 minutes ago, painkiller895 said:

Yes I got it working only with a dual intel nic, on board will not work.  Also had to use the 3615xs loader for this to work on a R710.  works great!

can you tell me what dual nic you used please so i can look at maybe getting 1 please

Edited by djwayne1985

2 minutes ago, djwayne1985 said:

can you tell me what duel nic you used please so i can look at maybe getting 1 please

Dell Intel PRO 1000 PT Dual Port PCIe x8 Gigabit Ethernet Network Card G174P  or OEM Dell G174P Intel Pro/1000 PT Dual Port Gigabit PCI-E Network Card

You can get this on ebay

Edited by painkiller895

1 minute ago, painkiller895 said:

Dell Intel PRO 1000 PT Dual Port PCIe x8 Gigabit Ethernet Network Card G174P  or OEM Dell G174P Intel Pro/1000 PT Dual Port Gigabit PCI-E Network Card

You can get this on ebay

thanks budy ill have alook at them now i have put a drivers request on for the server with all the info anyone needs for them as well lol

2 minutes ago, djwayne1985 said:

thanks budy ill have alook at them now i have put a drivers request on for the server with all the info anyone needs for them as well lol

I did that 8 months ago while I was running 3617xs and had to switch to 3615xs loader so it could work...

also had to start buying new hardware, I see there are not updating or adding drivers anymore...

Edited by painkiller895

1 minute ago, painkiller895 said:

I did that 8 months ago while I was running 3617xs and had to switch to 3615xs loader so it could work...

also had to start buying new hardware, I see there are not updating or adding drivers anymore...

now thats a shame they aint addin drivers i have been looking into compiling my own using windows 10 but instead of ubuntu i have used debian so gonna see if i can do it n poss get it working using the propper drivers but this stuff i am a true novice lol

Just now, painkiller895 said:

Let me know how it works out once you get your intel nic...

will do budy ill test  to see if i can do the drivers myself first n then see about gettin the dual nic also is there a limit to the nics im just thikin if i get 2 of them if both would work in the server to make it a quad nic ??

Just now, djwayne1985 said:

will do budy ill test  to see if i can do the drivers myself first n then see about gettin the dual nic also is there a limit to the nics im just thikin if i get 2 of them if both would work in the server to make it a quad nic ??

Just buy a quad intel nic...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...