XPEnology Community

DSM 5.2-5565 Update 2

Server has operated fine for couple of years.

But I notice that I have to toggle off/on the FILE SERVICES (Windows SMB, WebDAV are the ones I need) off and back on again after EVERY BOOT UP.

Only then do Windows and WebDAV shares function.

I otherwise have full access to the server (ie. webGUI, SSH) and the server is active on the LAN.

I have full root SSH terminal and WinSCP access.

Is there a methodical process to follow so I can review LOGS etc and determine WHY and rectify the non-start of these services?

Am sure it used to work but stumped as to where to start resolving this.

Related issue, the RESOURCE MONITOR also no longer works.

It displays with a "CONNECTION FAILED. PLEASE CHECK YOUR NETWORK SETTINGS" in a popup OK box.

It does not display info in the Widget either.

Again...where should I start tracking down why it fails?

Additional info re RESOURCE MONITOR.

I just discovered that Resource Monitor works fine from an android phone (on the Samsung browser MOBILE mode).

And if I switch the mobile browser to DESKTOP then that reproduces the "Network" issue.

I tried latest FIREFOX and CHROME on desktop and still get the above error, unless I use developer mode and switch to a mobile config.

Seems a browser compatibility issue and not a service issue so will search alternate thread and repost.

Summary: Resource monitor only works via browser set to MOBILE mode (such as for iPad). DESKTOP mode returns "network" issue.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
On 5/28/2019 at 8:08 PM, Polanskiman said:

You might have specific reasons to stay with DSM 5.2 but why not update to at least DSM 5.2-5967 ? That version of DSM 5.2 you are using is pretty ancient and many fixes were brought in updates to DSM 5.2.

Just saying.

I finally got around to updating it. Now on jun 103b DSM 6.2.3-25423, DS3615+ ; The monitoring issue eventually self-corrected (go figure) but certainly some gremlins in DSM 5 such as having to manually start file services after a restart.

DSM 5 provided sterling service though..over 1100 days without a reboot or hiccup. Onwards with DSM6.

ACER 7950G laptop (std);2x HDD: jun103b DSM 6.2.3-25423, DS3615+ ;

ACER 1810T laptop (std); jun103b DSM 6.2.3-25423, DS3615+ ;

HP N54L; jun103b DSM 6.2.3-25423, DS3615+;

HP Gen8; jun103b DSM 6.2.3-25423, DS3615+ ;

HP Slimline SFF s3760a plus PCIe NIC Intel CT; jun103b DSM 6.2.3-25423, DS3615+ ;

Edited by alx0101