XPEnology Community

Update from 6.2.1 to 6.2.2 (Insufficient capacity)

gege34

Hi,

My configuration is HP-Microserver Gen 8, with 16Go ram, Intel xenon and an intel Nic card.

I have Jun Loader 1.03b and DSM 3615 V6.2.1-23824 Update 6.

In the Update pannel, I have an update available, I suppose for the 6.2.2-24922, but the status is "Insufficient capacity for update. The system partition requires at least 540 MB."

I remember I have the same error (maybe not the same MB) when the upgrade from 6.1 to 6.2 was available. And I solve this by reinstall all the DSM with Synology Assistant.

I only see a post with the same problem but from an upgrade from 5.2 to 6 but without a solution.

Do you have any idea?

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

I think that this issue has nothing to do with the boot sdcard. The error points to the first partition where the DSM itself is installed. I assume that maybe logfiles or something in this direction is filling up the space.
You can make a quick check if you connect as root via ssh and type "df -h" ("df" stands for "disk free" and "-h" for "human readable"). Then you get an overview over the partitions and the free space on it. Here an example:

root@joe:~# df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/md0 2.3G 1.2G 1.1G 52% /

I would use afterwards "ncdu / -x" which will output what directories and files are consuming the space. On my installation I have installed "optware-ng" and I am sure that "ncdu" is part of optware. So you must search for how installing "optware-ng" if you want use "ncdu".

An alternative which runs out of the box but without the nice navigation options from ncdu is "du -chx / | more". This command gives you also the output which folders and files are using the space on the root partition but just as a pure list without a navigation option.

I hope this helps to get an idea how to manage the problem with no space available for the update. :-)

• Thanks 1

I have installed (just unpack) the ncdu found here (binaries for Linux i486).
I have a .SynoUpgrade.tar (662Mo) at the root /
I don't know why it's here, but by removed it I successfully install the upgrade [emoji1]

Thanks for your help.
Nice! I am glad that you found the reason for not having enough space on the system for an upgrade.

So this thread will be a good help for similar issues. :-)

• 1 year later...
On 5/26/2019 at 4:20 AM, Balrog said:

I think that this issue has nothing to do with the boot sdcard. The error points to the first partition where the DSM itself is installed. I assume that maybe logfiles or something in this direction is filling up the space.
You can make a quick check if you connect as root via ssh and type "df -h" ("df" stands for "disk free" and "-h" for "human readable"). Then you get an overview over the partitions and the free space on it. Here an example:

root@joe:~# df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/md0 2.3G 1.2G 1.1G 52% /

I would use afterwards "ncdu / -x" which will output what directories and files are consuming the space. On my installation I have installed "optware-ng" and I am sure that "ncdu" is part of optware. So you must search for how installing "optware-ng" if you want use "ncdu".

An alternative which runs out of the box but without the nice navigation options from ncdu is "du -chx / | more". This command gives you also the output which folders and files are using the space on the root partition but just as a pure list without a navigation option.

I hope this helps to get an idea how to manage the problem with no space available for the update. :-)

Hello, sorry for the inconvenience.
I have the same problem / dev / md0 2.3G 2.2G 7.5M 100% / I don't know what it is due to and how I can fix it. can you help me?

- logfiles are in /var/log (look for something excessively large and delete it)

- see if any very large files exist in /tmp (generally safe to delete)

- look for core dumps (usually called SYNO.something.core), which can be deleted

- look for any large files in /var/crash

• Like 1

2 hours ago, flyride said:

- logfiles are in /var/log (look for something excessively large and delete it)

- see if any very large files exist in /tmp (generally safe to delete)

- look for core dumps (usually called SYNO.something.core), which can be deleted

- look for any large files in /var/crash

Thanks a lot. Fixed, use ncdu and delete 500mb file in var / log audio_debug_msg