XPEnology Community

gnoboot & DSM 5.0-4482 - Experiences?

DerWuff

I'm not sure if anyone has tested to see if maybe it is just a serial number check? I own a Synology NAS, and I gave my ESXI Xpenology the SN of my offline real NAS and the MAC of my offline real NAS, and it seems like features such as the buildt in dynamic DNS etc all work for me.

My N54L is using a 'real serial' number which meant that the builtin dynamic dns all worked for me, but I don't know if that will let 4482 work as I have held off the upgrade due to posts on here.

Sure the Synology Serial Number depend on the value of the Network Card Number

I have to DS20x box and :

Numbers are xxx N00815 and xxx N00966 diff is dec=151 for NIC xxxx 6:53 xxxx 6:EA --> hex 97 also dec = 161 !!

pair serial number and poppy will not help to work properly after the upgrade to 4482 do not wait.

I have the real serial number and the real MAC address, but this is not enough, the script checks for something else, Suor Com port and having the correct loader.

Отправлено из моего iPhone используя Tapatalk

Hum ...

You have an identical network card as used in a Synology server ->> MAC address 00:11:32:xx:yy:zz and the correspondant serial number ?

I have a motherboard that allows this ... I reflash the BIOS with a MAC adress and a serial to a real device and look if it works.

PC

Edited by Guest

I'm not sure if anyone has tested to see if maybe it is just a serial number check? I own a Synology NAS, and I gave my ESXI Xpenology the SN of my offline real NAS and the MAC of my offline real NAS, and it seems like features such as the buildt in dynamic DNS etc all work for me.

Did 4482 work for you as well on your VM of DSM?

I have not tried it, based on all the issues I've read from other people. But since my setup is ESXI, I might as well try it over the weekend, just a VM to delete if it doesn't work.

Hum ...

You have an identical network card as used in a Synology server ->> MAC address 00:11:32:xx:yy:zz and the correspondant serial number ?

I have a motherboard that allows this ... I reflash the BIOS with a MAC adress and a serial to a real device and look if it works.

PC

I have ds 713 + at work, he does not go online is used only as a file server.

and hp N54L with gnoBoot, real sn, and MAC address. I flashed MAC utility b57udiag. Network card as a native. :wink:

But if you install the latest update 4482, it will not work!

Try ))

Hum ...

PC

I have ds 713 + at work, he does not go online is used only as a file server.

and hp N54L with gnoBoot, real sn, and MAC address. I flashed MAC utility b57udiag. Network card as a native. :wink:

But if you install the latest update 4482, it will not work!

Try ))

I have a motherboard that allows MAC-ID change ( awdflash with option /nvmac )

I have flashed the BIOS with a MAC adress and a serial to a real device and look if it works.

and

-->>>> Always the same problem ... <<<<--

so it's a good news, no ? it means that it isn't an identification problem...

hard to download that file in Chinese. Damn hieroglyphs!

nanoboot:

http://pan.baidu.com/s/1i3FUnzf

enter yqr4 to download

NanoBoot-x86:

http://pan.baidu.com/share/init?shareid ... =587667030

enter shln to download

after entering the keywords, you have to select the file by clicking the check box and then press 下載 button.

But this loader is similar to gnoboot, it cannot help the problem of new DSM.

Do you think i'm a moron? I also saw the links on baidu but you can't download the files without the baidu client installed and mine ain't working! Geez!

nanoboot:

enter yqr4 to download

NanoBoot-x86:

enter shln to download

Do you think i'm a moron? I also saw the links on baidu but you can't download the files without the baidu client installed and mine ain't working! Geez!

nanoboot:

enter yqr4 to download

NanoBoot-x86:

enter shln to download

I think you are. There is no need to use baidu client.

593ef3b17b0e5_ScreenShot2014-05-02at10_47_08pm.png.825f8a17a8753897d6012916f010286f.png

Edited by Guest

The nanoboot img is for the 214Play and also does not work for 4482.

I believe that given that there have been no posts from either trantor or gnoboot on this subject, there will be no further updates forthcoming and we should all be thankful now for what we have.

setch

The nanoboot img is for the 214Play and also does not work for 4482.

I believe that given that there have been no posts from either trantor or gnoboot on this subject, there will be no further updates forthcoming and we should all be thankful now for what we have.

setch

Like with dsm 4.3 synology protect their work.

The XPEnology community had success with 4.3 why not with 5.0-4482 ? ^^