XPEnology Community

HP Microserver Gen 8 - 6.2

Tony D

Recently been playing with my Microserver G8 and setting it up as a backup nas to my aging ds414.

Used this tutorial and all that happens is it does the 10 minute countdown and then never gets ip again the version of the pat and boot loader are as follows. (Disk Migration)

Bootloader Jun's Loader v1.03b DS3615xs

DSM DSM_ds3615xs_23739.pat

Using on board broadcom nics and got the 1 port synology 10gb card installed.

Will this work?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

in a few days,

I am new in this forum and I send a greeting to all, I have reviewed a little questions and answers, and I have a query to do, I have a Hp MicroServer Gen 8, I tried to install XPEnology but I have several problems that I detail:

The first time I did the usb with the boot, modifying the grub as detailed, and in principle I got to see through the find.synology the nas, does the installation and at the restart I can no longer see it, I tried both with the version DS3615xs and Ds3617xs, same result to restart does not detect the DSM.

My question is how the disks have to be in the BIOS, SATA, AHCI or Raid, I have 4 HD and a SSD in the bay of the CD, what am I doing wrong, at the restart, the usb with the sysboot has to stay connected?

Some charitable soul that throws some light on me.

Greetings and thank you very much

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2019 at 1:06 AM, carlorius said:

in a few days,

I am new in this forum and I send a greeting to all, I have reviewed a little questions and answers, and I have a query to do, I have a Hp MicroServer Gen 8, I tried to install XPEnology but I have several problems that I detail:

The first time I did the usb with the boot, modifying the grub as detailed, and in principle I got to see through the find.synology the nas, does the installation and at the restart I can no longer see it, I tried both with the version DS3615xs and Ds3617xs, same result to restart does not detect the DSM.

My question is how the disks have to be in the BIOS, SATA, AHCI or Raid, I have 4 HD and a SSD in the bay of the CD, what am I doing wrong, at the restart, the usb with the sysboot has to stay connected?

Some charitable soul that throws some light on me.

Greetings and thank you very much

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

What DSM version did you try to install?