XPEnology Community

Big problems with gboboot 10.5 DSM 5.0-4458_Update2

Schnapps

Dear gents,

I have big problems after upgrading my xpeno box to DSM 5.0-4458_Update2 with gnoBoot. So big that i said "WTF, DELETE ALL AND START FROM SCRATCH! (with backup)" :sad:

Now, after a full re-installation and a restore of the config, i have the same fu@%^ issues!

- I can't login to DSM. After typing the admin username and its password, i don't get logged on but receive a message "System is getting ready. Please log in later." This last sentence should be changed to "Please login NEVER" as it is not allowing any logins anymore

- lots and lots of features don't work. I'm a geeky person and i like to configure my box as much as possible. That's why the settings are there, right?! Anyhow, i don't think that any of the settings i've done are causing these errors

- cannot reboot the box by normal means (DSM or ssh). When i try to reboot from ssh, the connection is dropped (guess sshd is stopped) and i get a connection refused if i try connecting again

- installed packages that run as a service (ex: Couchpotato) were not started by default. When tried to start the app, i got the message "Another package is being configured or installed. Please try again later."

- when login was working, i received the following message when trying to uninstall/install/run packages "Another package is being configured or installed. Please try again later."

Please help

Thanks!!! :ugeek:

Sorry, but you probably have not payed even a dollar to support gnoboot, and here you are complaining that you have to reinstall the system.

Use Trantor's beta and do not upgrade.

Instead of complaining, you could simply start the thread and provide data from dmesg, or other logs, so everybody could try to help you.

Edited by Guest

Sorry, but you probably have not pay even a dollar to support gnoboot, and here you are complaining that you have to reinstall the system.

Use Trantor's beta and do not upgrade.

Instead of complaining, you could simply start the thread and provide data from dmesg, or other logs, so everybody could try to help you.

Olaf, i suggest to use your sarcasm somewhere else. Here, on this forum we're trying to be a bit more productive mate.

You don't know me and i don't know you but i can totally bet that i used my paypal donate card way more times than you.

Thanks for your help anyhow.

Cheers!

One or more of your packages are causing the problem. You need to identify which package.

In my occasion it was the VPN-server, when I tried to setup L2TP. Removing that got my system to run.

Zarocq, i somehow managed to make it work. I also thought it was a package and i deleted everything inside /volume1/@appstore and rebooted.

Now, the issue is that some packages are not running and not starting after a reboot. Think it's again a package but i don't know why. I use lots of packages because this is the advantage DSM has in comparison to... FreeNAS for example :smile:

Bummer!

Thanks mate!

I'm having same issue. if you find a fix please do share :grin:

It seems that some of my issues have been fixed with a cleanup of the existing 4.3 packages (upgraded to DSM v5 or not). Some others have been fixed by disabling https and SPDY protocols

I'm having same issue. if you find a fix please do share :grin:

It seems that some of my issues have been fixed with a cleanup of the existing 4.3 packages (upgraded to DSM v5 or not). Some others have been fixed by disabling https and SPDY protocols

cool .. good to hear that .. I just del my VPN folder on vol1 & apps after reboot its working fine.

VPN created issues to me also. I had it removed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A specific version of VPN Server or all versions?

Does it also affect DSM 4.3 or previous DSM 5.0 versions of XPEnology?

Apparently i can't disable SSL on my Syno and it's causing lots of issues to community packages that use a webgui (SymForm, net2ftp, Advanced Power Manager, Config File Editor, etc.)

I also cannot maintain a bootstrap after a reboot as .profile settings are overwritten.

Strange!

I kinda dislike this 5.0. First it was the new look which I don't like because it's childish and not pro. Now the issues.