XPEnology Community

[DOCKER] Mayan installation not retaining resources after reboot

Hi all,
I just installed and successfully set up Mayan EDMS in Docker (Synology NAS). My setup is as follows:

-> Mayan (container)
· Volumes
path/to/docker/dir:/var/lib/mayan
· Ports
32773 -> 8000 (TCP)
· Variables
PATH: /usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin
DEBIAN_FRONTEND: noninteractive
PYTHONUNBUFFERED: 1
LC_ALL: C.UTF-8
PROJECT_INSTALL_DIR: /opt/mayan-edms
PYTHON_PIP: /opt/mayan-edms/bin/pip
MAYAN_DATABASE_PORT: 32772
MAYAN_DATABASE_CONN_MAX_AGE: 60
MAYAN_DATABASE_USER: mayan
MAYAN_DATABASE_PASSWORD: my_pass
MAYAN_DATABASE_NAME: mayan
MAYAN_DATABASE_HOST: 172.17.0.1
MAYAN_DATABASE_ENGINE: django.db.backends.postgresql

-> PostgreSQL (container)
· Volumes
path/to/docker/dir:/var/lib/postgresql/data
· Ports
32772 -> 5432 (TCP)
· Variables
PATH: /usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/lib/postgresql/11/bin
GOSU_VERSION: 1.11
LANG: en_US.utf8
PG_MAJOR: 11
PG_VERSION: 11.2-1.pgdg90+1
PGDATA: /var/lib/postgresql/data
POSTGRES_PASSWORD: my_pass
POSTGRES_DB: mayan
POSTGRES_USER: mayan

I have checked, and both are writing to the destination 'docker' folders its files. So they are saving any changes as permanent.

The problem is that every time I reboot the NAS, so Docker also gets rebooted, Mayan starts downloading all of the resources again (as on first installation). So, the big problem for me is that if I'm not connected to the Internet, Mayan instance is not launched. Why is this happening? Is it an error from the build? Devs decided to make Mayan works by this way? Or I'm just forgeting some needed configuration to keep installation files saved?

Please, if someone can help me... ;)

Mmm, I just found that on Gitlab. Could the problem I'm facing be related to what is already described on this site?

And here seems talking about changing the container tag to a different name, other than 'latest'. That seems Mayan prevents to download files on each boot.

Did you try to start the container without Internet Connection to see what happends?

Now seems to be working without Internet!!!!!!!! I just had to wai a couple of minutes.

After 20 reported container stops (and restarts) Mayan seems to be working, and bypassing HTTP requests. But, fffff. Too many tried until it gets successfully loaded.

So, it was not the right solution I was finding out, but now I know that I just need to wait some more time on every boot if no Internet connection is available.

Edited by SmartPhoneLover