XPEnology Community

Still running 6.1.5 and want to update

kakemonstr

Hi guys!

I'm relatively new here, so I found the noob lounge to be most suitable for asking this question.

I've been using Xpenology for over a year and I thought it was time to do an upgrade.

Current version: 6.1.5-15254

Want to upgrade to: 6.2.1-23824

The thread has a lot of success entries, but none of them came from my current version.

Did I wait too long?

Thanks

I have a similar problem. I'm still running DSM 6.0.2-8451 Update 9 with Jun's Loader V1.01. I have a lot of important data on that machine and I don't want to risk bricking it by doing a false update.

My plan right now is:

1.) Backup all data to an external drive (because all my data are in encrypted folders in the Xpenology machine and I fear that I might not be able to access them, if something goes wrong during the update)

2.) Create a working VM (VirtualBox) exactly running DSM 6.0.2-8451 Update 9 and Jun's Loader V1.01 on my USB Stick.

3.) Update my USB-Stick to Jun's new Loader for DSM 6.2.

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/12952-dsm-62-loader/

4.) Try to start the VM with the new Loader. If that works, get the image for the newest DSM 6.2.2-24922 and update it right away from DSM 6.0.2-8451 Update 9  to DSM 6.2.2-24922.

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/14839-dsm-622-24922

5.) Check if everything is working fine on the VM. If it does, I do the same steps on my real Xpenology machine.

Is that the right way to go?

Edited by 5237478232

• 1 year later...

Hey guys! 

After a terrible experiment with relocation of my custom nas (into a closed closet), my synology got f*ed up (volumes went missing ++, blank UIs etc).

So I decided to update to the latest version - prepared to setup all my disks over again, starting fresh.

I downloaded the latest june loader (1.04b) and booted up my NAS. To my surprise, a migration option appeared when visiting find.synology.com.

I ran migration and now everything is up and running, with no errors. All my disks and volumes is back to normal.

Operation success.

Big cred to this awesome community!

Edited by kakemonstr