XPEnology Community

Energy saving plan GONE? --> Need help!

BlackHawk1942

Hi @ all,

my system was working great until yesterday. Referring to my pllan the system shutdown correctly yesterday evening. After I left my house today I was checking the cloud for a file but the system was down.

After I was back home I checked the system and after the reboot the energy saving plan settings were gone. No problem I thought and created a new plan. But after a reboot this plan was gone too. I've done nothing yesterday but the problem is still there. Could please anybody help me?

System: DSM 5-4458 update 2 / gnoboot 10.5

Greetz

Edited by Guest

Hi @ all,

my system was working great until yesterday. Referring to my pllan the system shutdown correctly yesterday evening. After I left my house today I was checking the cloud for a file but the system was down.

After I was back home I checked the system and after the reboot the energy saving plan settings were gone. No problem I thought and created a new plan. But after a reboot this plan was gone too. I've done nothing yesterday but the problem is still there. Could please anybody help me?

System: DSM 5-4458 update 2 / gnoboot 10.5

Greetz

Power plan obviously need some hardware support. I never tested on my DS713+ so I don't know what exactly hardware is needed. Maybe BIOS should be able to be modified within the DSM to support the function? Not quite sure.

But power plan obviously won't be supported if you are using virtual machine. Since they don't actually have a timer inside their emulated BIOS.

Damn... I thought the problem is gone but it is still there. It worked for the last two days but now it's gone again. Is it possible to do that by scripting or hardcoded in a file?

That sucks :???:

The settings page are simply gone or they are greyed out?

Damn... I thought the problem is gone but it is still there. It worked for the last two days but now it's gone again. Is it possible to do that by scripting or hardcoded in a file?

The ShutDown and WakeUp settings are gone, like I never set up.

The ShutDown and WakeUp settings are gone, like I never set up.

It seemed to be motherboard related, a few people reported their XPEnology can use this function without a glitch.

Most of them are using old motherboards with 965 chipsets with core 2 CPU on it.

Take a look at where the power plan settings file is located may help.