XPEnology Community

HP Microserver N54L on DSM 6.1.3-15152 - upgrade to 6.2.1-23824?

mathewfer

Hi,

I just setup HP Microserver N54L running on DSM 6.1.3-15152 and System update shows/suggest to update it to 6.2.1-23824?

Can I please know whether it is safe to click & update?

Current SETUP:

Current - DS3615xs - DSM 6.1.3-15152

16G RAM

Regards,

Mathew

Hi Matthew, welcome to the forum. In short no it's not safe to click update. The N54L will run 6.2 BUT yyou will need to create a new USB drive with jun's 1.03b boot loader, disable the internal NIC & add an intel network card in order to make it work. There are a couple of threads regarding the N54L which I suggest you have a look at if you want to upgrade, however unless you need to run 6.2 my advice would be to stay on 6.1

Hi Dfds,

Thank you for the reply.

Yes, I can stay at 6.1, as I do not see much advantage to go to 6.2 at this stage.

Two more questions, if know the answers;

1. Do you think I can update to last update of 6.1.7-15284 manually - download and update manually?

2. Is it possible to use any packages (apps) shown in the package manager - any limitations/known Issues?

Basically I want make use of this N54L and I believe using it as NAS is the best for me so basic & stable NAS feature is what I am looking at.

thanks again,

Mathew