XPEnology Community

[SOLVED] DSM5 update 2 with gnoboot 10.5 success

Probably a silly question, but for those of you who upgraded from Trantor's 4.3, did you leave his USB stick in the system or switch to a gnoboot stick and, if so, when in the process did you switch?

I shut my box down, pulled the Trantor USB stick, wrote the gnoboot image to it, put it back in, picked gnoboot.me and updated using the latest full .pat file. Just like is outlined here...

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2545

HI I can't update DSM. I have installed DSM 5 and it says there is update 2 so I download it and write this

sed 's/flashupdateDeb/flashupdateDeb1/' /autoupd@te.info > /autoupd@te.info1

but terminal says No such file or directory

I've tried also to download update one, transfer to the dsm and then stop when it prompts me to shut down, then write this same command and same response.

Somebody help me?

HI I can't update DSM. I have installed DSM 5 and it says there is update 2 so I download it and write this

I've tried also to download update one, transfer to the dsm and then stop when it prompts me to shut down, then write this same command and same response.

Somebody help me?

Obviously you are not reading the guide carefully enough.

1. Download update 2 inside the Web UI control panel, DO NOT click ok when it said something like "update will take some time, don't power off your device blah blah blah..."

2. SSH to your XPEnology, issue the commands, one by one, first go first, and second go second.

3. Go back to your Web UI control panel, now click ok and wait.

4. Do them exactly in the order described, otherwise you fail.

5. Yes, it will work if only you do them in correct order.

Worked...but...

bought = ZOTAC Atom Dual-Core D510/Intel NM10/WiFi/A&V&GbE/Mini DTX Motherboard Mini ITX Motherboard s NM10-B-E (NM10-DTX WIFI) = $60

I have two Trantor based DSM at 4.3 (current) and decided to try GNOboot DSM 5. Followed instructions and all worked as described (in the many and various posts scattered all over the place). the above MB combo had 2x400GB HDD from a previous DSM 4.3 experiment with real data and a couple of packages installed. At the conclusion of the GNOBOOT install the data was intact but packages were not. Attempted to update to update 2 as per instructions in this thread but 5 mins into update it stopped with an error msg (that I ignored and promptly went to bed)

Powered up system following day expecting to start the troubleshooting process but it was up to date with DSM dated 4/9/14.

The DSM fairies must have come in the night and fixed it.

Thanks to all who contribute time, effort & skill to this project!

Updated without problems. N54L with gnoboot 10.5 (DSM 5.0-4458-update1 to Update 2)

My procedure:

1. I download update from ( http://ukdl.synology.com/download/criticalupdate/update_pack/4458-2/synology_bromolow_3612xs.pat) in PC

2. Go to DSM -> Control Panel-> Update-> Manual Update

Select "synology_bromolow_3612xs.pat" , and load de file in DSM.

Stop when a new window thats says do no power off the system while update.

3. Go to PC , connect as root to DSM with ssh and write

mv /autoupd@te.info1 /autoupd@te.info

4. Go to DSM and continue to update, reboot, and all ok.

I followed the procedures. It works fine for me.

First of all. Thank u guys for the nice work!

My system is the Acer Easystore H340

I updated from trantor to gnoboot boot very easily. (4458)

Migrating data whitout a hassle.

But i can not update to update 2

First a login error

2nd autoupd@te line give's a error.

Updateline.jpg

What went wrong or what do i wrong? :sad:

Let me know your thoughts regarding this.

Is anyone else having issues with ffmpeg/transcoding using ds video mobile app? I am using gnoboot 10.5 alpha and dsm 5 update 2. I can log in via ds video on android but, it won't transcode/play anything on the mobile device. Trantor 4.3 worked great with the same video files and mobile device.

Somebody help me?

Obviously you are not reading the guide carefully enough.

1. Download update 2 inside the Web UI control panel, DO NOT click ok when it said something like "update will take some time, don't power off your device blah blah blah..."

2. SSH to your XPEnology, issue the commands, one by one, first go first, and second go second.

3. Go back to your Web UI control panel, now click ok and wait.

4. Do them exactly in the order described, otherwise you fail.

5. Yes, it will work if only you do them in correct order.

I having the same problem, somebody hold our hands!

Same problem here, update2 can't be installed (file reported corrupted/incomplete)

Via ssh I noticed files with different name :

/manualupd@te.info.active

{"file_path":"/volume1/@tmp/Manual.19595.pat"}

/autoupd@te.info exist too

{"blNeedReboot":true,"builddate":"2014/04/09","buildnumber":4458,"configUpdate":true,"debDir":"/volume1//@smallupd@te_deb","flashupdateDeb":"flashupdate_5.0-4458-s2_all.deb","installDeb":["synocredential-bromolow-bin_5.0-4458-s1_all.deb","libsynocgi-bromolow-bin_5.0-4458-s1_all.deb","libsynoshare-bromolow-bin_5.0-4458-s1_all.deb","apache-2.2.x-bromolow-bin_2.2.26-4458-s1_all.deb","lnxsdk-bromolow-bin_5.0-4458-s1_all.deb","php-5.5.x-bromolow-bin_5.5.9-4458-s1_all.deb","libsynosdk-bromolow-bin_5.0-4458-s1_all.deb","dsm-bromolow-bin_5.0-4458-s1_all.deb","webapi-Upgrade-bromolow-bin_5.0-4458-s1_all.deb","lnxscemd-2.0-bromolow-bin_5.0-4458-s1_all.deb","libsynobackup-bromolow-bin_5.0-4458-s1_all.deb","libsynowireless-bromolow-bin_5.0-4458-s1_all.deb","lnxessential-bromolow-bin_5.0-4458-s1_all.deb","dsm-AdminCenter-bromolow-bin_5.0-4458-s1_all.deb","libsynoshare-bromolow-bin_5.0-4458-s2_all.deb","webapi-Share-bromolow-bin_5.0-4458-s2_all.deb","synoindex-bromolow-bin_5.0-4458-s2_all.deb","libsynoserviceutil-bromolow-bin_5.0-4458-s2_all.deb","libsynosdk-bromolow-bin_5.0-4458-s2_all.deb","openssl-1.0.x-bromolow-bin_1.0.1f-4458-s2_all.deb"],"newSmallFixNumber":2,"smallupdateDeb":"smallupdate_5.0-4458-s2_all.deb","updateType":"smallupdate"}

PS: I didn't applied update1 before.

Hi

I just installed DSM 5.0.4458 but it was telling me to update to 4482 not 4458 update2.

So i tried turning off the "Newest DSM and all Updates" and just had it pointing to "Important upgrades only". Well now it just sits there "Checking for latest DSM updates".... then fails with "Connection Failed. Please check your internet connection"

I SSH'ed in and there is no autoupd@te.info file in root. I tried reinstalling the whole thing, but it won't let me format the harddrives, and it keeps all my settings. Grrr...

EDIT: could update.synology.com be down? Maybe they're in maintenance?