XPEnology Community

CPU dynamic scaling DSM 6.2.1 1.04b on 918+

blackmanga

Hi,

I have read through most of the threads on CPU power throttling and am still not sure I have a proper solution to reduce CPU dynamic scaling.

I can only use the following governors (powersave/performance) - which as someone pointed out, are the only ones available with intel_pstates. However, when I choose either of them, my CPU is stuck at 3.4Ghz (performance) or 800Mhz (powersave) without any dynamic scaling or boost.

Specs HW: CPU: Xeon E3 1245 v3, MB: Gigabyte H97N WiFi, RAM: 16GB - 2x8GB 1600Mhz

I am using 1.04b bootloader and running DSM 6.2.1 - 23824 update 6 on DS918+ Xpenology.

@Olegin I believe you have the same motherboard. Is there anything specific that I need to do in the bios to enable the dynamic scaling ?

Really appreciate any assistance in advance.

Hi Olegin, thank you for your reply. So dynamic scaling doesn't exist for powersave/performance governos. i.e. the CPU will always run at the fixed frequency when its in those modes. Is my understanding correct ?

I am not too fussed about HW transcoding at the moment, so I will revert to 3617xs and DSM 6.2 if that is the case.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...