XPEnology Community

Tutorial - Modifying 1.04b Loader to Default to 24 Drives

6 hours ago, aniel said:

i have seem the video but i cant get it to work with jun loader.

same as the youtuber, in his 3rd video he gave up on that

6 hours ago, aniel said:

i also wonder how stable it is if this can indeed be made to work with jun loader. 

no one did so far and as i suggested the only way to go down that line would be

1. to test quicknick's loader with more then 24 drives (a vm would be easy to do with lots of "thin" disks)

2. find out why its working (i tried to point out where to look for it)

one thing i found out "new" is that its not about the sdX vs. sdXX name of the devices involved

i have a asm1166 based ahci controller with 6 ports that "block" 32 ports in the kernel so controller after that one will land 32+ in name/count and are sdXX and it did work to create a raid5 in that state - thats the reason to have a closer look into quicknick's loader, we might be able to include that feature in jun's loader/patch

3 hours ago, aniel said:

am confused are u saying we can go beyond 24 disk with jun loader if yes how?

i did try to outline the "how" above, analyze how its done in qucknicks loader and we will try to replicate that in jun's loader

(he never released it, a beta tester released it and he withdrew, so there is no extensive documentation or help and that the release was without his consent is also the reason i do not support anyone using it - even its a really good peace of work and would have deserved more attention)

• 2 weeks later...