XPEnology Community

Supermicro x9drd jbod

andymiller6891

Have just grabbed one of these on ebay, came with a 12 bay chassis with a sas backplane.

I have tried the loader for 3615 and 3617 and both appear to work fine apart from once formatted the fault lights on each drive flash red continuously without reason.

It has installed fine, picks up all the drives ok, just has this synchronised flashing red on all the front bays.

Wondered if anyone else has come across this and knows what might be causing it???

Thanks.

• 1 year later...

On 3/7/2019 at 11:06 AM, andymiller6891 said:

Have just grabbed one of these on ebay, came with a 12 bay chassis with a sas backplane.

I have tried the loader for 3615 and 3617 and both appear to work fine apart from once formatted the fault lights on each drive flash red continuously without reason.

It has installed fine, picks up all the drives ok, just has this synchronised flashing red on all the front bays.

Wondered if anyone else has come across this and knows what might be causing it???

Thanks.

I know this is old but someone else may encounter it.

Never seen it personally but reading on the topic in SuperMicros Forums. If the wrong cable is used to connect from the controller card to the back-plane there will be a problem with the lights. The correct cable will have a 8 wire ribbon cable. If it's not present or improperly connected there will be a problem with the lights. The chassis manual will show you where to connect it and the red stripe on the cable denotes pin one. The plug is not registered and can be connected upside down