XPEnology Community

Updating from 6.2.1 update 4 to update 6

Hardly Anonymous

Question

I'm fairly new to XPEnology (been running 24/7 approx. 2 months) and notice there's a new 2.6.1 update 6 available.  Any concerns with installing the update or would it be best to test prior?  Is there a test procedure (i.e. remove all HDDs > install spare HDD > install latest DSM > validate, etc.) available by chance?  Alternatively, is there any big rush to update?

My current specs:

SUPERMICRO MBD-X11SAE-M-O Micro ATX Server Motherboard LGA 1151 Intel C236

Supermicro MEM-DR480L-CL02-EU24 8GB (1x8GB) DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200) ECC Unbuffered Memory RAM

Intel Xeon E3-1225 V6 Kaby Lake 3.3 GHz (3.7 GHz Turbo) LGA 1151 73W BX80677E31225V6 Server Processor Intel® HD Graphics P630

2 onboard Intel NICs

1 PCI Intel NIC (addon card)

Thank you in advance!

10 answers to this question

I actually checked there first and wasn't sure If that thread was open for discussion. I'll continue tracking for new posts/updates in hopes someone running the DS918+ build successfully updates from 4 to 6.

Thank you kaykkay! 

Edited by Hardly Anonymous

Can you just apply the update in the GUI or do you need to download it and apply it through the shell?  If the shell method is there a guide somewhere?  I found one form 2014 but not sure if it still applies.

Thanks