XPEnology Community

How to fix System Partition Failure?

Schumi

Question

Hello everyone. First of all thank you for reading my long post. My setup at below.

HP Microserver Gen8

Intel Xeon E3-1270 V2 @ 3.50GHz

16 GB RAM

4x 4 TB WD Red

1x 240 SSD

It was on ESXI 6.0 and DSM 6 with old Jun loader. 240 SSD for ESXi Datastore. All disks was on B120 with every disk separate Raid 0 including SSD. 4x 4 TB disk was on DSM by ESXi RDM. At DSM big Raid 5 volume for all data

And My ups failed and after several (actually  lots of) power failure all of my disk show red System Partition Failed. But everything works perfectly including packages (Unifi, Sickrage, Transmission etc.etc) I dont have time to found a fix that and simple forget it. :( Then 2nd disk dropped Raid 5. Raid volume was degraded. I tried to add it back but it fail. It wont show SMART due B120.

So I made a big changes. Add a PCI-Express to NVMe adapter on Graphic Card port with Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB disk. ESXi immediately see this fast SSD. Create new datastore and move all VMs from old SSD to this new bloody fast SSD. After that I change B120 Raid mode to SATA AHCI at Bios. Then Passthrough the Cougar Point 6 port SATA AHCI to DSM6 VM. All works as expected. Now it show disk real names (WD Red instead of HP RAID) and works SMART. After that successfully migrating, I tried to to add 2nd disk to Raid 5 again. It show bad sectors but Raid volume reinitialized. Next step I upgrade ESXI 6 to 6.7 Update 1 HP Image and DSM 6 to 6.2 with Jun 1.02B loader. After some failures due new loader, I finally work with "set sata_args='sata_uid=1 sata_pcislot=5 synoboot_satadom=1 DiskIdxMap=1F SataPortMap=116 SasIdxMap=0'" settings (thank you @i5Js). Now readded 2nd number disk show in green but 1st, 3rd and 4th number disk still show red and system partition failure.

I know I have to change 2nd number disc because of bad sectors but how can I fix system partitions?

2 answers to this question