XPEnology Community

Asrock DeskMini 310

rockvegas

I been trying to build using the following specs:

Motherboard: ASRock DeskMini 310 Series (w/Wireless)

CPU: Intel i5-8400

RAM: 2x16GB DDR4 2133, Kingston SODIMM

NIC: Intel i219-V

HDD: 2x1TB WD Red 2.5

USB: Samsung 8GB USB2.0

Loaders Tested:

Jun's Loader v1.04b DS918+ with IG-88 extra.lzma for DS918+ v0.4

Jun's Loader v1.03b DS3617xs

I have no built-in COM port, so I have no way to monitor the boot-up process. (Any work around? Like using USB to Serial?)

After a while, NIC has lit. Tried http://find.synology.com and Synolody Assistant, unfortunately can't detect my box.

Seems NIC has no driver?

Any help is much appreciated and Thank You.

use the 1.02b loader for 3615xs, that should work with dsm 6.1.x. I think there are several threads indicating that the i219 nic isn't working correctly in 6.2 boots. I have a aliexpress NAS mobo with dual 219s installed and in my testing it didn't work with 6.2 loaders so I'm sticking with 6.1. That version of DSM is getting all updates and patches so imho is as good as 6.2. 

• 7 months later...

if you are willing to to a little more then the most, there is a com port connector right beside the ram sockets

manual states: COM Header (COM1)-(Optional), (for H310M-STX/COM)

so with a Null modem cable and a corresponding com port on you other computer (only this can be a usb2serial cable/converter - i use a over the counter bought usb to SubD9) you could have a closer look (even login) using putty

BUT i just released a new driver package for 918+ containing the latest e1000e driver and your onboard Intel Gigabit i219V is a nic running with this driver

so in theory it should work with this new package

my new thread needs to be approved by a mod but if there are no complains that i just made a draft test ... i could be seen online shortly

look here for a new one with DSM 6.2.2 in the topic

https://xpenology.com/forum/forum/91-additional-compiled-modules/

15 hours ago, IG-88 said:

if you are willing to to a little more then the most, there is a com port connector right beside the ram sockets

manual states: COM Header (COM1)-(Optional), (for H310M-STX/COM)

so with a Null modem cable and a corresponding com port on you other computer (only this can be a usb2serial cable/converter - i use a over the counter bought usb to SubD9) you could have a closer look (even login) using putty

BUT i just released a new driver package for 918+ containing the latest e1000e driver and your onboard Intel Gigabit i219V is a nic running with this driver

so in theory it should work with this new package

my new thread needs to be approved by a mod but if there are no complains that i just made a draft test ... i could be seen online shortly

look here for a new one with DSM 6.2.2 in the topic

https://xpenology.com/forum/forum/91-additional-compiled-modules/

Thank you very much for your response! I've read your new driver package page and I'm super that it should work in theory. How can I add your driver package to a new installation? I'm not very familiar with the system yet. Thank you in advance!

9 hours ago, Rickown said:

your driver package to a new installation

you just use it as in the totorial of dsm installtion here

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/7973-tutorial-installmigrate-dsm-52-to-61x-juns-loader/

if you have a already running dsm 6.2.2.2 system but want to "activate" the unused (because no driver) hardware then it should be enough to shut down your box copy the 2 files to the usb drive, overwriting the old ones (plugging it to win10 will give you access to the 2nd partition with the extra/extra2 files)

if needed the old files can be extracted with 7zip from  jun's original image (or with osfmount)

if you want to be sure nothing is wrong you can use a clean disk and new usb to test the new extra/extra2 by doing a fresh install and check that you hardware is working properly

15 hours ago, IG-88 said:

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/7973-tutorial-installmigrate-dsm-52-to-61x-juns-loader/

if you have a already running dsm 6.2.2.2 system but want to "activate" the unused (because no driver) hardware then it should be enough to shut down your box copy the 2 files to the usb drive, overwriting the old ones (plugging it to win10 will give you access to the 2nd partition with the extra/extra2 files)

if needed the old files can be extracted with 7zip from  jun's original image (or with osfmount)

if you want to be sure nothing is wrong you can use a clean disk and new usb to test the new extra/extra2 by doing a fresh install and check that you hardware is working properly

I've really done my best, but I can't get anywhere. At the moment I have a new installation on a USB stick but it doesn't work because the internet driver doesn't work. How can I add the driver extra & extra 2? If I follow your link then I can't proceed as step five because the folder is missing.???

Edited by Rickown

19 hours ago, IG-88 said:

I started again with my Windows laptop and this went a lot easier. I followed the manual and added the two files (extra.lzma/extra2.lzma for loader 1.04b ds918+ DSM 6.2.2 v0.6_test) to my usb. Then connected the usb to my Asrock DeskMini 310 and loaded. Only he still doesn't pick up the network driver. I made another usb with openmediavault and it does (see the code below). What happens next? If you need more information from me please let my now.

Perhaps this can help us further?

Link: https://forum.openmediavault.org/index.php/Thread/27791-Troubles-with-the-installation-of-the-e1000e-intel-driver-I219-V/

root@OMV:~# lspci -k | grep 'Kernel driver'                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
        Kernel driver in use: skl_uncore                                                                                                                                                                                                                      
        Kernel driver in use: pcieport                                                                                                                                                                                                                        
        Kernel driver in use: i915                                                                                                                                                                                                                            
        Kernel driver in use: intel_pch_thermal                                                                                                                                                                                                               
        Kernel driver in use: xhci_hcd                                                                                                                                                                                                                        
        Kernel driver in use: sdhci-pci                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
        Kernel driver in use: mei_me                                                                                                                                                                                                                          
        Kernel driver in use: ahci                                                                                                                                                                                                                            
        Kernel driver in use: snd_hda_intel                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
        Kernel driver in use: i801_smbus                                                                                                                                                                                                                      
        Kernel driver in use: e1000e                                                                                                                                                                                                                          
        Kernel driver in use: nvme                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

root@OMV:~# lspci -knn 
00:1f.6 Ethernet controller [0200]: Intel Corporation Device [8086:15bc] (rev 10)                                             
        Subsystem: ASRock Incorporation Device [1849:15bc]                                                                    
        Kernel driver in use: e1000e                                                                                          
        Kernel modules: e1000e                                                                                                

Edited by Rickown
Eddit a link with a fix

see what you get when you type "dmesg" on the console, there should be something about the driver, like version number when it loads or error message when not loaded for a reason

you can check in /usr/lib/modules/update/e1000e.ko

256704 bytes and file date 2019-10-02 2:32

that should be there if it would have worked as expected

i used driver source e1000e 3.6.0

and in in hw.h there is your hardware's id

#define E1000_DEV_ID_PCH_SPT_I219_V5            0x15D6
#define E1000_DEV_ID_PCH_CNP_I219_LM6           0x15BD
#define E1000_DEV_ID_PCH_CNP_I219_V6            0x15BE
#define E1000_DEV_ID_PCH_CNP_I219_LM7           0x15BB
#define E1000_DEV_ID_PCH_CNP_I219_V7            0x15BC
#define E1000_DEV_ID_PCH_ICP_I219_LM8           0x15DF
#define E1000_DEV_ID_PCH_ICP_I219_V8            0x15E0
#define E1000_DEV_ID_PCH_ICP_I219_LM9           0x15E1
#define E1000_DEV_ID_PCH_ICP_I219_V9            0x15E2
#define E1000_DEV_ID_PCH_CMP_I219_LM10          0x0D4E
#define E1000_DEV_ID_PCH_CMP_I219_V10           0x0D4F
#define E1000_DEV_ID_PCH_CMP_I219_LM11          0x0D4C
#define E1000_DEV_ID_PCH_CMP_I219_V11           0x0D4D
#define E1000_DEV_ID_PCH_CMP_I219_LM12          0x0D53
#define E1000_DEV_ID_PCH_CMP_I219_V12           0x0D55

• 5 months later...

Testing with this and boot from usb:

ASRock DeskMini 310 Series

Jun's Loader v1.04b DS918+

IG-88 0.8_syno ds918+ - extra.lzma/extra2.lzma for loader 1.04b_mod ds918+ DSM 6.2.2 v0.8_syno

Baremetal clean install.

So far no problems.
Only i want to boot from the mini sdcard reader and this is not possible for now.
I will search further!

В 02.04.2020 в 17:56, pcpunk сказал:

Only i want to boot from the mini sdcard reader and this is not possible for now.

Why not? I am using a mini SD card reader. All you need is to write the reader's VID/PID, not the mini CD card in grub. cfg.

On 4/4/2020 at 9:18 AM, Olegin said:

Why not? I am using a mini SD card reader. All you need is to write the reader's VID/PID, not the mini CD card in grub. cfg.

I'm using the deskmini 310 internal sd card reader and this is not usb.

Are you using the deskmini 310?

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/2/2020 at 4:56 PM, pcpunk said:

Testing with this and boot from usb:

ASRock DeskMini 310 Series

Jun's Loader v1.04b DS918+

IG-88 0.8_syno ds918+ - extra.lzma/extra2.lzma for loader 1.04b_mod ds918+ DSM 6.2.2 v0.8_syno

Baremetal clean install.

So far no problems.
I will search further!

I used exactly the same files and I can't find it with http://find.synology.com/. Tips?

On 10/8/2019 at 8:39 PM, IG-88 said:

see what you get when you type "dmesg" on the console, there should be something about the driver, like version number when it loads or error message when not loaded for a reason

you can check in /usr/lib/modules/update/e1000e.ko

256704 bytes and file date 2019-10-02 2:32

that should be there if it would have worked as expected

i used driver source e1000e 3.6.0

and in in hw.h there is your hardware's id

#define E1000_DEV_ID_PCH_SPT_I219_V5            0x15D6
#define E1000_DEV_ID_PCH_CNP_I219_LM6           0x15BD
#define E1000_DEV_ID_PCH_CNP_I219_V6            0x15BE
#define E1000_DEV_ID_PCH_CNP_I219_LM7           0x15BB
#define E1000_DEV_ID_PCH_CNP_I219_V7            0x15BC
#define E1000_DEV_ID_PCH_ICP_I219_LM8           0x15DF
#define E1000_DEV_ID_PCH_ICP_I219_V8            0x15E0
#define E1000_DEV_ID_PCH_ICP_I219_LM9           0x15E1
#define E1000_DEV_ID_PCH_ICP_I219_V9            0x15E2
#define E1000_DEV_ID_PCH_CMP_I219_LM10          0x0D4E
#define E1000_DEV_ID_PCH_CMP_I219_V10           0x0D4F
#define E1000_DEV_ID_PCH_CMP_I219_LM11          0x0D4C
#define E1000_DEV_ID_PCH_CMP_I219_V11           0x0D4D
#define E1000_DEV_ID_PCH_CMP_I219_LM12          0x0D53
#define E1000_DEV_ID_PCH_CMP_I219_V12           0x0D55

I've been running FreeNas for a while now, but I don't like that. I'd like to get the Xpenology working. Can you do me with this? What information do you need from my internet driver? I can still get the information out of it with FreeNas. I kept the same files from pcpunk but couldn't find the NAS server in my network.

7 minutes ago, Rickown said:

I've been running FreeNas for a while now, but I don't like that. I'd like to get the Xpenology working. Can you do me with this? What information do you need from my internet driver? I can still get the information out of it with FreeNas. I kept the same files from pcpunk but couldn't find the NAS server in my network.

Are you boot from usb or from sd, from usb there is no problem.

But it would be perfect to boot from sd card!

2 minutes ago, pcpunk said:

Are you boot from usb or from sd, from usb there is no problem.

But it would be perfect to boot from sd card!

Boot from USB.  When I start it up, it tells me I can look it up. Unfortunately, I can't find him. He doesn't give an error message either? ...

Then there is something wrong with your usb boot config.

If i make a usb bootloader from the tutorials then there is no problem.

My problem is booting from the sd card reader, with a (diffrent hardware settup) aopen digital engine thin pc i can boot from the internal sd reader.

But the Asrock 310 deskmini will not boot from the internal reader.

37 minutes ago, pcpunk said:

Then there is something wrong with your usb boot config.

If i make a usb bootloader from the tutorials then there is no problem.

My problem is booting from the sd card reader, with a (diffrent hardware settup) aopen digital engine thin pc i can boot from the internal sd reader.

But the Asrock 310 deskmini will not boot from the internal reader.

Can you send me your tutorial you used? Then I can give it a try.